Topic: Dagger

wrote and recorded this last year and I am working on a new CD of all my songs in this genre which is what I like to play
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXyW-dsU3mo
I played all the instruments and did the mixing as well along with editing the video. 

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: Dagger

Well done Russell!  Nice production work too.

Thanks for sharing,
Jim     

good stuff russell     

out of tune out of key and out of touch

Russell
That is fantastic !
Can you post the lyrics ?
You have such a flair for playing and a great voice to go with it.

Thanks for sharing.
Jim     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

I like the playing and production on that one Russell. I agree with Jim it would be great to see the lyrics for Dagger on here  please if possible.
Thank you,
Pete     

ok To JGreen, Mojo01, TIGLJK and Peatle thanks for giving a peek and for leaving the nice comments this is the genre I like the best a hard bluesy feel and per  your request>>>>>

DAGGER                                    Lyrics and music by Russell Harding 2019

1st verse
No more cryin, no more trying, no more lying to myself
she didn't want me, she didn't need me, saving her lovin for somebody else
bridge
misguided affections bring only rejections she  put a dagger in the heart of my love
2nd verse
Don't wanna believe it, but I can't deny it, why don't these feelings just go away
it cuts like a razor but it don't even Phase her, stormy days are here to stay
(repeat bridge)
3rd verse
When you laughing, everyones with  you, but when your crying, you cry alone
I begged and I pleaded, but I wasn't needed, she's got a heart made, out of stone
(repeat bridge) solo out smile smile smile     

Great song Russell     

THAT IS ONE OF THE BEST SONGS EVER  WRITTEN HERE ON CHORDIE IN MY HUMBLE OPINION RUSSELL !

Short, to the point, clear message, perfect rhyme scheme.
Put that together with a musician who is talented and right in his wheel house bc he is playing what he loves - and you've got a fantastic song production !

Superbly done Russell - if this was put out by a famous band it would go high on the charts !

Thanks for sharing it.

Jim     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Thank you smile

Grah1 wrote:

Great song Russell

TIGLJK wrote:

THAT IS ONE OF THE BEST SONGS EVER  WRITTEN HERE ON CHORDIE IN MY HUMBLE OPINION RUSSELL !

Short, to the point, clear message, perfect rhyme scheme.
Put that together with a musician who is talented and right in his wheel house bc he is playing what he loves - and you've got a fantastic song production !

Superbly done Russell - if this was put out by a famous band it would go high on the charts !

Thanks for sharing it.

Jim

Jim most appriciated comments thank you! smile     

The whole package is just amazing. So clever and so talented.     

Thick as two short planks

Well done Russell,  I've always enjoyed your music and style.     

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

keepitreal wrote:

The whole package is just amazing. So clever and so talented.

Thanks much appriciated smile     

bluejeep wrote:

Well done Russell,  I've always enjoyed your music and style.

Good to hear BJeep I'll keep on rolling smile     

Just had a listen,I agree with Jim said an excellent song Russel.     

Hard times create strong men,Strong men create good times,Good times create weak men,Weak men create hard times.Cantwere rice INVICTA!

Thank you! smile

ctech wrote:

Just had a listen,I agree with Jim said an excellent song Russel.