Topic: Who makes these choices?

Hi folks, I'm a long time user of Chordie, but have never delved into the community.  However, there's a little thing that's been bugging me for a long time, that being the question, "Who decides what songs go under which category?"  For the best example, look under "Christmas."  Today, the top 20 list includes "Wake Up Little Suzie," "Walking in Memphis," and "Creep."  Really?  Creep??  How is THAT  a Christmas song?  I think someone's messin'...

Oh, and the photo over "Blues" - yes, nothing and no one epitomizes the blues like a skinny, nebbish white guy...XD 

2 (edited by Phill Williams 2019-09-12 08:44:32)

Re: Who makes these choices?

Welcome to the forums. We all have a rant from time to time but you feel so strongly about it that you posted it twice!!!!! Don't worry the mod for that forum will delete one of them.
As for who chooses which song goes into which category that is also a mystery to me. It could well be the program. As is often stated here on the forums, Chordie is basically a search engine, no songs are actually stored here apart from maybe originals?
I hope you feel better after getting that off your chest and that you may join us in our discussions, Q and A and advice.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Re: Who makes these choices?

Lol. Funny comment on the blues.     

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude