1 (edited by Peatle Jville 2019-10-14 09:19:58)

Topic: Is The Web My Life

I couldnt come up with any guitar or piano for this so I did it as a very rough acappella like we use to sing in Fijian church when I was a kid or at partys.I don't have a great voice but I hope it gives a rough idea of how it could sound if done properly. I had a snare drum and high hat handy I added a bit of that only just to add a bit  to the mix. Most probably I have read too much George Orwell,when I was younger. I can’t help but wonder how big a step would it be to plant the small chip that make smartphones work into your head or hand.  Im not sure if I would count anything out like that in the future giving some sort of big brother a control over people.  Making us all part of the World Wide Web  apparently is all part of  how smart devices work. So this is part of where this song comes from. When I am out and about I see people who are addicted to their smartphones living a big part of their life online.
https://soundcloud.com/eatleville/is-the-web-my-life

Is The Web My Life 

Is the the web my life  no no

My life is out there and here and with my friends and people.
Yeah with my friends and people.
With my friends and people.
Hey I am saying this with a smile because I am reaching out to you.
It is good to know your out there and I love you too.

But is the web my life no no.
Is the the web my life  no

But Im glad that you are there and Im glad that Im here.
And Im saying it with a smile on my face.
I love you all I do.
I love you all I do.

Is the web my life no no.
Is the  web my life no no.
There is more to life then that.
Hey I love my family  "Hallelujah"
I love my friends    "Hallelujah"
I love all that is going on.
I love everything.

Oh is the web my life  no no.
It aint my life.
Yeah.

Hey I am saying this with a smile because I am reaching out to you.
It is good to know your out there and I love you too.

But is the web my life no no.
Is the the web my life  no

But Im glad that you are there and Im glad that Im here.
And Im saying it with a smile on my face.
I love you all.
I love you all I do.
I love you all I do.
I love you all I do.

Re: Is The Web My Life

Peale   That is great - superb lyric!!   As I was listening to it - somehow an image of the All Blacks doing a haka popped into my head with them all smashing their phones at the end !     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Cool song peatle has a chain gang feel  to it like internet users are shackled to the web     

Hey Peatle, a double tracked rap? i came off line the other night to find my granddaughter, her mother (my daughter) and Ann (my misses) all heads bowed, thumbs going like the clappers on their mobiles!

Your song is too real my friend. But as usual you've captured a moment in time and slapped it in our faces so we all say; " oh yeah". what's next?
I have a friend, his phone rings in the other room and he talks to his watch!!!! And he's in his 60's too, but he still can't work his email account..lol

Great work. Keep 'em coming     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

5 (edited by Peatle Jville 2019-10-15 10:46:06)

Jim    Cheers I love the idea of the All Blacks doing a haka then smashing their phones at the end of it.

Grah I think it  would be a cool video  a bunch of solid looking guys chained to their cellphones singing like they use to sing in chain gangs or in the style of an old black spiritual my song.

Phill  Thank you for your encouragement.  I have that also  around here, family engaged on their smartphones more then each other. Im notorious for being grumpy if they spend too much time on the web so people  to keep me happy tend to be more aware about using their smartphones around me. I see it alot when I am out people who are  more engaged with their smartphones instead of each other.  One thing I do like if we are out and we don’t know something people can google the answer.

Peatle Jville wrote:

Jim    Cheers I love the idea of the All Blacks doing a haka then smashing their phones at the end of it.

One thing I do like if we are out and we don’t know something people can google the answer.

all very well unless you're in a pub quiz, or in my case, doing a song and people are checking on-line and telling me I'm singing the wrong words!!!!     

Phill Ive seen those annoying people in the pub lyric checking the entertainment. I say why sing the original lyrics when you can make the song your own if it was  good enough for Joe Cocker it is good enough for everyone else.
Here in pubs bars and restaurants we have cameras everywhere. My  mate who works in that industry tells  they come in handy checking out those who are trying to cheat using smartphone in pub quizzes.

I hope Wales this Sunday wins against France their  next game at the World Cup.
I would like Japan to beat South Africa in their next game. Japan standard of play has caught many by suprise.     

The rising sun of Japan has caught us all by surprise! They've beaten S.A. in they're last meeting, fingers crossed they do again. They've given us some of the best rugby in the tournament so far.

We also have CCTV in our drinking establishments, they just hide their phones under the table!

Any singer worth his salt will learn all the words and music to tens if not hundreds of songs. Trouble is....you mess up the words once so you stick your own line in and ten years later you're still singing the same line, done it many times.     

Cheers Phill world cup rugby should a good and entertaining watch this weekend. We play the Irish and here is an advertisement on tv put out by our local airline for our Irish friends.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJgIUB3j0b4     

Peatle

toooo funny !!

I enjoyed that !
JIM     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke