Topic: Found Out I Lost a Friend Today

I truly believe FaceBook is evil. It lets you meet your friends that you've lost over time and then takes them away before you get much more than a "how do you do" out typed out. This is just for one such case lately although I've seen more than I like drop off. Anyway, I'm just sharing with you bunch because I know most of you experience this as well. If I write it down and it'll hurt a little less I'm hoping.

Found Out I Lost a Friend Today by Jeff Gilpin

-

10-27-2019

-

Verse C Am, C Am, F G C

Chorus Am G F Am G

-

Verse 1

[C]Found out I lost a friend today.

I lost them when I wasn’t [Am]looking.

I didn’t mean to look a[C]way.

I got distracted then looked [Am]back then

I get a message says they’re [F]gone

Without so much as a so [G]long.

Found out I lost a friend to[C]day.

-

Chorus

Yeah they’re [Am]gone... [G] [F] [Am] [G] x2

-

Verse 2

[C]Seemed like it was just the other day.

I remembered when I first [Am]met them.

We talked and talked the day a[C]way.

I don’t know how I could for[Am]get them.

Then life just sort of moved a[F]long.

I hadn’t see them for so [G]long.

-

Chorus

Yeah they’re [Am]gone... [G] [F] [Am] [G] x2

-

Verse 3

[C]I know I’ll never have the time

To do all the stuff I [Am]want to,

[C]But this just feels like it’s a crime.

Stolen from me before I [Am]got to.

Now I’ll never get them [F]back.

Stored with all the rest I [G]lack.

-

Ending Chorus

Yeah they’re [Am]gone... [G] [F] [Am] [G] x3

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Re: Found Out I Lost a Friend Today

Here's what it sounds like: https://soundcloud.com/jets60/found-out … iend-today     

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Its  very  sad   when  these  posts  pop  up  Jeff  but  remember   they also   can show  us  the  good  time  we  had    with  friends  we  lost .Last  year  I  lost  my   band  mate  Brian Vial who  I  played  alongside  for  over  10  yrs  .Its  painful when the  posts  pop  up  but  also nice  to  remember  how  we  rocked  together  for  all  that   time ,
Good  song  Jeff  .     

Thanks Graham - True words - I did get time to reflect.     

J  E  T  S

Any one who lost a friend can relate to your  song and words. Well said and the words ring   true.     

Music is what feelings sound like.
Music is life, that why our hearts have beats.

Sadly,
I lost my brother yesterday- 86 years old. Today my cell phone went off and it came up his number calling, - chilled me for a moment - it was his wife calling me on his phone.
Good song Jeff

JIm     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Thanks  - That would give me a chill too, Jim.     

J  E  T  S

8 (edited by Phill Williams 2019-10-28 09:49:40)

Beautiful lament Jeff. On a brighter note, last Saturday I met an old school friend, yeah 50 years after finishing school! We talked and he told me about another of our school mates that has passed away. It got me to thinking of friends I've made and lost in my short 68 years. They tell you that life is short so make the most of it then they demand taxes!
Sorry for your loss my friend.     

PS, great recording.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Thanks Phill.     

J  E  T  S