Topic: Cannot Post Comments until an experienced user

Just registered as I wanted to post a comment on a song. Now when I try it says only experienced users can post comments, see the forum for details. However the search function does bring up anything about experienced users. Would appreciate some advice on what the criteria is for an experienced user, as seems a bit Catch 22 at the moment! 

Re: Cannot Post Comments until an experienced user

hello Pete. as Chordie suffers a lot with unwanted or nuisance spam, certain hurdles have been put in place to avoid Chordie being overrun by this rubbish. i'm sure you'll understand that? i cant think of any reason why, after signing up as a member you'd be stopped from commenting on a post. was it in the forums, i can see that you've made a post here? or maybe that was a tester?
whatever, welcome to Chordie, and i hope you'll join in and not be put off by you're sticky start.     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

I am guessing you tried to post a link as only experienced users can do that. Spammers always try to post links to garbage, so all new users are prevented from doing so in an effort to keep the amount of nonsense down. Join in with comments and observations by all means but no links please, until have have a few posts under your belt.

Roger     

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Thanks for coming back. In answer to your points, no I wasn't trying to post a link. All I was trying to do was add a comment to a song pointing out an error in the chord progression. I was originally trying to use my usual Opera browser but found that the site isn't that compatible as songbook didn't work, comments didn't work etc. Swapped over to Edge and finally was able to do most things including add a comment, but when I tried to submit got the message about experienced users and check the forum.     

I will have to check with the site master but, as the songs are not hosted on Chordie, it may be that comments cannot be made there by new Members also. Please try again after you have made a few more normal forum posts and report back with your results.

Roger     

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

6 (edited by sagesage1 2019-12-22 03:25:56)

First time poster - Long time Chordie utiliser.
This is a test to see if I can comment in the forum and if successful, to build up enough posts to gain other privileges.
privileges come with membership

Howdy Sage and welcome aboard !  Wander on down to the chat corner and introduce yourself to the community, I'm sure you will be welcomed by others as well.
Happy Holidays!     

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

I've been a member of Chordi for years and it's also NOT letting me post any comments. What's up?     

I'm a self taught acoustic guitar player. I've been playing on and off for about 35 years. I was a drummer in the 60's & 70's studying under Bernard Purdy, playing in a cover band 6 nights a week. cool

mrkite, you seem to have managed it this time, welcome to the forums     

10 (edited by tbygmr54 2020-07-17 15:57:04)

This is also a test to see if I can post to the forums.  I really wanted to post a comment on a particular song but there was a notice at the bottom of the page that I would need to log on to post a comment.  So I created an account and logged on.  Still getting the same notice at the bottom of the song page.  Do I need to be an "experienced user" now too?     
Update:
Okay - Now that I posted the above to the forum I'm getting the "Experienced users are allowed to post comments - check forum for details" notification instead of the one that says I need to log on.  As PJUK stated, there are no details (that I could find, anyway) posted on the forum.
Anyone know what the details are?

if you have signed up to membership and filled in the relevant details you should have no problems replying to posts or making a new post yourself. newbie members are prevented from adding links until you've totted up a certain number of posts. it's well worth persevering, asking questions, sharing your own knowledge and getting replies to your queries.