1 (edited by Classical Guitar 2020-03-21 08:56:16)

Topic: We LOST another star Kenny Rogers

Kenny Rogers, country music icon, dies at 81.  Rest in Peace.

Music is what feelings sound like.
Music is life, that why our hearts have beats.

Re: We LOST another star Kenny Rogers

That's an awful shock to wake up to. I'm no great country fan but that has to be the great triumvirate; Kenny, Glen Campbell and by no means least Glen Frey. So sad. Goodbye Kenny may you enjoy many duets with the greats that preceded you.     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Man i oved him and dolly.and his movies were not great but they were cute.  at least he never had any integrity problems, no one could say he did this or that, such a great man. and we have him to thank for THE EAGLES.

time to look up THE GAMBLER.     

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

beamer wrote:

Man i oved him and dolly.and his movies were not great but they were cute.  at least he never had any integrity problems, no one could say he did this or that, such a great man. and we have him to thank for THE EAGLES.

time to look up THE GAMBLER.

An interesting thing about Kenny Rogers scandals...an untrue story was printed about him in The Enquirer. Rather than getting all huffy about it, he called them up, proved that it was false, and they printed a retraction. All normal so far, but what he did that was unusual was that he gave the editor his private line and told him to call if anything else came up, and he'd tell them honestly whether it was true. Some embarrassing stories came up about him, and he was good to his word and confirmed them as true so The Enquirer printed them.     

And his chicken was good while it lasted.

Maybe rest in peace.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

He was a true gentleman and a star-  I liked him as a member of the First Edition as well as on his own

It a loss of one of the good guys !

Jim     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

6 (edited by Peatle Jville 2020-03-23 10:30:59)

I always liked Kenny singing Ruby Dont Take Your Love To Town with the First Edition. He was a good bass player also. On his many  visits to New Zealand he would always take time to raise money for local charities. One of lifes true gentlemen RIP Kenny.