Topic: abayak blues or corona blues take your pick

I know most of you wont get a lot of the meaning  this song, it was written for my coworkers stuck in Africa with me  untill this madness is over.it gets a good laugh around the bar here. if any one is intrest in the meanings just ask I will explain. Mostly a humorous  little song to help lighten the mood here,
in a tough situation. hope all the chordie family are doing ok and  if you home with family be happy it could be a lot worse . hope you like the song 

https://soundcloud.com/mojo01/abayak-blues 

out of tune out of key and out of touch

2 (edited by Peatle Jville 2020-03-23 10:56:46)

Re: abayak blues or corona blues take your pick

Good one Mojo listening to your song it sounds like Beans and Rice are a big part of the diet where you are working.Good thing you got a bar to  have some fun and of course the  whisky on ice.     That bush meat sounds like it might be a bit of hard going and getting a flight home not easy.

Mojo

I am always a huge fan of your musical abilities and song writing.
would it be too much of a hassle for you to post the lyrics ?
I am so glad you have your music ability with you in Africa !
Have you ever thought of doing a song including some African beat - a la Paul Simon on his  Graceland album.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fmf9ZJ_Yn0A

keep them coming mojo !

Jim     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Peatle Jville wrote:

Good one Mojo listening to your song it sounds like Beans and Rice are a big part of the diet where you are working.Good thing you got a bar to  have some fun and of course the  whisky on ice.     That bush meat sounds like it might be a bit of hard going and getting a flight home not easy.

Peatle,  we are not down to beans and rice yet but it is a big part of the local diet.  just looking ahead to the coming months if this drags on in to the summer for us. the bush meat  sold here consist of ..well  any thing thats is  with the exception of the crows for some reason. bats, lizards , snakes, rats, porcupines, monkey's, antelope( very small the size of a mall dog) cats,  etc. the bar is still open and we all stocked up on our drink of choice for when the lock down comes. its not really that bad here , my coworker who are stuck offshore on the platforms have it worse.
thanks for listening to it     

TIGLJK wrote:

Mojo

I am always a huge fan of your musical abilities and song writing.
would it be too much of a hassle for you to post the lyrics ?
I am so glad you have your music ability with you in Africa !
Have you ever thought of doing a song including some African beat - a la Paul Simon on his  Graceland album.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fmf9ZJ_Yn0A

keep them coming mojo !

Jim

Jim I really appreciate the complement. lol not sure I can pull the African bet myself though. nd no it is no trouble here are the lyrics and a brief explanation what they mean 

E7
well the shelves are all empty
and the toilet paper its all gone
A7                                          E7
and I dont know what the f%&$ went wrong
B7
living on bens and rice
A7                            E7
but still got my whiskey on ice

got plenty of beer in the corner                                                                                        ( we all went out and stock piled alcohol)
got whiskey on the shelf
I'm sitting here all alone just a drinking it by myself
I know this much is clear
this corona aint no beer

the apocalypses it must be coming
the whole world has lost is mind
think ill sit back and watch it  I got a cold beer ill be just fine
no Walhalla in Douala                                                                                                       (  local saying for no problem. Douala is a city in camaroon)
buying bush meat with my last dollar                                                                             ( rats ,snakes, bats , lizards etc.)

had me a ticket
on an aero plane
but all those plans went down the drain
damn those frogs and krauts                                                                                (air France and Lufthansa but to be fair the government stop all flights. I like the way it sounded)
left me stranded here without a doubt

I cant go home
I cant g back
now I sitting in quarantine here in ABAYAK                                                             ( Abayak is the name of the compound where we live)
their taking me away for a coupe weeks                               ( any one with symptoms or coming into the country must quarantine for two weeks at government facility)
to a private room somewhere on black beach                        (black beach Is the name of prison here where people go and are never heard from again)
                                                                                                       so they would not  take us to black beach ( I dont think)but that is a running joke around here to be arrested and                                                                                                                                                                                               
                                                                                                       end up there.