Topic: Buyer Beware

This is what happened to me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEQsnb0 … e=youtu.be 

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: Buyer Beware

That is a nice looking instrument..... did it come with a hard case?  How long do you think it'll take to teach the Cat to play it ?

Take Care, and Stay Healthy!     

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

It came with a box don't have a cat  I called the number on the packing slip no answer yet I may have to eat this purchase sad

Doug_Smith wrote:

That is a nice looking instrument..... did it come with a hard case?  How long do you think it'll take to teach the Cat to play it ?

Take Care, and Stay Healthy!

Well. It'll make a right nice, though crazy expensive, Christmas tree ornament.     

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Russell you are taking it wsy better than I would have.

maybe the corona virus got to it or it experience a serious case f " Shrinkage"  smile

Good luck
Jim     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

LOL, funny story smile     

-[ Musician, writer, guitarist, singer ]-
Bandcamp     https://richardmortimer.bandcamp.com/follow_me
Discogs          https://www.discogs.com/release/29065579
YouTube         https://www.youtube.com/@RichardMortimerMusic

If I have to keep it and not get reimbursed I will put it on top of my speakers to remind me next time I buy off the web to make sure it is what I want 

Zurf wrote:

Well. It'll make a right nice, though crazy expensive, Christmas tree ornament.

yep no reason to get mad at myself it could happen to anyone

TIGLJK wrote:

Russell you are taking it wsy better than I would have.

maybe the corona virus got to it or it experience a serious case f " Shrinkage"  smile

Good luck
Jim

smile yep

neophytte wrote:

LOL, funny story smile

I was thinking you could perhaps get a meerkat to join the band.     

Thick as two short planks

Wow! I thought it was tough playing a full size mandolin. Some mighty small frets on that baby. lol     

12 (edited by TIGLJK 2020-03-27 11:41:08)

Russell

Here's a new verse for the Pawnee Creek song  smile

I had a woman long ago up on Pawnee Creek
she loved to touch and admire my physique
well her fingers were sexy,  long and very thin
but she left me when she saw  my tiny mandolin

smile   Have a good one !

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Jim...here am I sitting in my studio/study/writing room/music room/computer room/junk room laughing my socks off at the last line of your new verse for Pawnee Creek. Ann who was watching her programmes came in to see what amused me so.
I'd love to hear Russ perform it, with the mandolin of course...     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

14 (edited by Peatle Jville 2020-03-28 04:32:05)

Jim I love your last line a good addition to your song it gave me a good laugh.. I take it that a small  mandolin is a new  medical term for a body part.
Russell I guess that mandolin was made for  leprechauns to play on Saint Patricks Day.

On a follow up I contacted my bank and signed some papers disputing the charges to my account, I also revisited the page where I first seen the mandolin and there is nothing on the page that says this is a mini or miniature item, not to scale etc.. very misleading Ebay sent me a follow up refund page with a little hitch they want additional funds for shipping it back thats when I decided to let my bank handle it. I will never shop on ebay again.