Topic: Candy Shop

This is Candy Shop written by Phill Williams and myself. Phill put it all together and made a real good song of it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQKz71tz3lY 

Re: Candy Shop

To put this song in context; Pete mentioned that there were more girls than boys in New Zealand. After that it's all made up, I like a song with a story and this comes with a twist in the tale! 1st verse is father to son. 2verse is son to dad. Last verse is the mother giving her thoughts.     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

a classic !!!  well done boys
jim     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

That was a fine song. I liked it.     

5 (edited by Peatle Jville 2020-06-20 09:34:59)

Thank you everyone for your comments. An old work colleague of mine from a few years  back heard a copy of Phill doing Candy Shop which I shared with him yesterday. He told me even though it is something we made up it perfectly  tells the story of him, his mother and philandering father. He told me his fathers last few years before he died were  spent living alone as years of heavy drinking had caught up with him. He also mentioned his dad had been a womaniser most of his life who treated woman badly when drunk. He also cheated on them all. Anyway with Candy Shop he loved Phillis singing and guitar plus the fact it summed up his family situation perfectly. It is another good  metaphor for  telling a story about how we reap what we sow. Thank you Phill for making a song with mine and your lyrics  and turning it into something that is very  special.

The pleasure was all mine Pete.     

I enjoyed that you two. Next time Phill and I do a song together I think I am going to leave the mixing to whoever did this one. Candy Shop was well written and well performed. You two make a great team.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

8 (edited by Peatle Jville 2020-06-21 07:44:58)

Cheers Jeff. This song is Phill's  magic working.  I wrote some of the lyrics. Everything else the mixing guitar and singing is all Phill. I feel honoured to have been part of this and how it turned out.  This is the magic of chordie and the internet two people, living  thousands of miles apart can combine to make a song.

Pete stop giving me all the credit, you wrote a big chunk of the words I did one verse and put a bit in here and there. The video is all your work and you did a brilliant job of it...stand up and take a bow.     

Cheers Phill  here I am standing up and taking a bow.