Topic: Rising Up and Falling Down Again

Here is a song I wrote getting ready for the songwriting challenge I participated in. I wrote quite a few and the ones from the challenge and one other prep song are on my YouTube site (link posted in the Recording Forum). Here is the link for this song: https://soundcloud.com/jets60/rising-up … down-again

Rising Up and Falling Down Again By Jeff Gilpin – 5-7-2020

Verse C F G – C F G – Am Dm7 G G7

Pre Chorus F C Am Dm7 G G7

Chorus C F C F C Am Dm7 G G7

~

[C]Some days the [F]wind will [G]blow,

[C]Stirring [F]up the [G]Air.

[Am]Mixing up [Dm7]all that’s [G]there. [G7]

~

[C]Blowing it [F]all a[G]round

On the [C]houses and [F]on the [G]trees

[Am]Until another [Dm7]wind blows it [G]free, [G7]

~

[F]And all the little [C]pieces

[Am]Rising up just to [Dm7]fall,

And [G]then fall a[G7]gain.

~

[C]Rising [F]up and [C]falling [F]down a[C]gain.

[Am]Where will it all [Dm7]end up in the [G]end. [G7]

~

[C]Some days I’m [F]like the [G]wind,

[C]Making things [F]rise and [G]fall,

[Am]But why [Dm7]I can’t re[G]call. [G7]

~

[C]Then some [F]days I [G]fly,

As [C]high as [F]I can [G]see,

[Am]But [Dm7]powerless[G]ly. [G7]

~

[F]But I’m not the [C]wind,

Or what [Am]gets blown a[Dm7]round,

All over [G]town. [G7]

~

[C]Rising [F]up and [C]falling [F]down a[C]gain.

[Am]Where will I [Dm7]end up in the [G]end. [G7] [CMaj7]

~

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Re: Rising Up and Falling Down Again

Good song Jets !

Made me feel like I was sitting/relaxing  on my porch on a late autumn day watching the leaves blow around.
Good luck in the competition.

Jim

p.s.   do you have to change your profile quote to Washington Football team now ? smile     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Re: Rising Up and Falling Down Again

TIGLJK wrote:

Good song Jets !

Made me feel like I was sitting/relaxing  on my porch on a late autumn day watching the leaves blow around.
Good luck in the competition.

Jim

p.s.   do you have to change your profile quote to Washington Football team now ? smile

Thanks Jim - Competition went well (all my songs from the challenge are on my new youtube page I posted in the Recording forum), and I recommend it to you and the other songwriters here when the next one rolls around. If you check out the SongFancy FaceBook group they'll let you know all the details. No cost and mainly for challenging yourself.

You know, I hadn't thought of that until now but I guess you're right...quote change coming...just have to remember how to do it. smile     

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C