Topic: Barney and I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVPpBnhKWWs

This is the link to a new song Jeff and I wrote as a project. The video was created with my grateful thanks to Peatle. So in effect this project spans three continents.

Please give it a watch and comments welcome. 

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Re: Barney and I

Hey all.

Phill and I had a great time writing and working on our Barney and I recording. Phill did the tough mixing of our recordings and music and I think the whole project turned out very nice. Thanks Pete for putting the video together. It was a nice touch and presented Barney well.

V/R,

Jeff G     

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Very nicely done Boys ! 
Over the course of my life I've had two dogs as such - best friends and inseparable.  When the last one died it was like losing one of my kids - very hard.

Thanks for reminding me of all the great times I had with the dogs.

The video is great - I liked the pictures as weell as the music !
Jim     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Thanks Jim it was a pleasure working with Jeff and Pete. When you begin a project with just a blank piece of paper (figuratively speaking) it's quite daunting. Jeff gave me certain parameters and suggested pets! It reminded me of my childhood dog Barney and some of the things we got up to which I discussed with Jeff and he gave me some of his hopes when retirement comes. I don't think either of us thought any further than the completion of the song when Pete's talent for video came to mind. So! a joint effort on 3 continents. Thanks guys     

Jeff and Phill vocals worked perfectly on this song. The story behind the song and the lyrics brought back happy childhood memories of my own. The musical arrangement was bang on a brilliant collaboration.  As a duo Phill and Jeff have got something very special with this song.  This song is one of the best songs I have heard on chordie.     

Great song and video Phil,Jeff and Pete..  Nothing better than a man's best friend, I had a female German shepherd called zara. I still miss her and the silly things she used to do. I get another one in a heartbeat but not allowed pets in my flat.     

Hard times create strong men,Strong men create good times,Good times create weak men,Weak men create hard times.Cantwere rice INVICTA!

7 (edited by Peatle Jville 2020-10-08 04:13:51)

Ctech I love German Shepherds my mother last dog was one. It was a very faithful  pet to her when he died he was mourned more so than many humans in our family. I mention to a young  couple who live close by to me that their German Shepherd reminded me of Rin Tin Tin' forgetting that many people today don't know who Rin Tin Tin is. All  I got in reply was a weird roll of the eyes and the comment, " who the hell is Rin Tin Tin?"    I guess if I was to mention to my younger relatives  who keep horses about Mr Ed the horse or Lassie the dog I would get the same reaction. Though these relatives did know about Arnold Ziffel when they use to have a pet  kunekune pig most probably due to us oldies talking about Green Acres.

True factoid...Barney's mother was a German shepherd called...strangely enough...Lassie and as you say a lovely dog, faithful and affectionate unless you were of evil intent Then woe betide!     

Cool vid! i didnt bring my headphones into work today, So couldnt really hear it, ill take another look later.     

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)