Topic: Song book problems

To keep everyone up to date. There has been a technical hitch, your Songbooks will appear to be empty but Per, the site master, is sorting it out. He has told me to ask to you to be patient and advise you that it will take between 24 to 48 hours to fix. There may be other anomalies during the fix so please do not get concerned.

The red boxed Songbook message will be removed from the Home page when it is fixed but please report any further issues after this in this thread.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Re: Song book problems

Sorting the Songbook issue is taking a little longer than anticipated but hopefully it will not be much longer.

Roger     

been longer than 48 hours will have to find another site if this isn't fixed     

All of the songs in my song books are gone sad     

Sorry Guys and Gals,

The problem is taking a bit more time to sort out than first estimated but rest assured that it is being worked on and will be up and running as soon as the technical issues have been resolved.

Roger     

You're  begining to sound like the government re the songbook problems.     

Hi again Guys and Gals,

I have just received the following two messages from Per:

Message One:
"Currently I am still having disk issues. I am running a so called 4-disk raid array. Not to get too technical here, but this should be close to failsafe. All data is duplicated on at least two disks, so I will not lose data.

I have now made a total backup of almost all the data (except the crashed table). I have started to insert new disks. In raids you can do this, and it rebuilds the index. It should take a couple of hours. All went fine until the third disk slot. It is refusing to accept this disk. So far the technicians have thrown away two disks as faulty. Trying again right now. When the raid array is completely rebuilt though, things are more or less done."

Message Two:
"Good news from the technicians. Seems like I finally got a green light on disk 3 out of 4. Rebuilding that disk now."

The more technical minded will make sense of this and, for people like me, hopefully it will not be too much longer before before Chordie is back to normal.

Roger     

Just had another message that the technicians will need to close the server down for a couple of hours during the repair. I am not sure exactly when this will happen but hopefully we are on the last leg of sorting this out.

Roger     

As you can see, after much work the Songbooks are now back. There is still an issue with the 'Search' feature which is being worked on and hopefully it will not be much longer before this is also fixed.

I have checked through Chordie and I cannot find any other issues but please report in this thread if you find anything. Thank you.

Roger     

"Add to songbook" still sends me to the forum. It's been YEARS this has been happening. Seriously? This is not a hard problem to solve. Separate the links to log in and add to songbook. This problem literally destroys the user experience here.