Topic: coming back home remake

ok sorry , deleted the first version, changed it from C to G and did away with the reverb in the recording  sounds a lot better to me , any way let me know what you think

https://soundcloud.com/mojo01/coming-back-home-1 

out of tune out of key and out of touch

Re: coming back home remake

That was brilliant. I love the words, the guitar is great  and I think the key change was the right way to go. As the saying goes; you should never  achieve your dreams as you'll only be disappointed, that's my take on what you're saying, am I right?     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Phill Williams wrote:

That was brilliant. I love the words, the guitar is great  and I think the key change was the right way to go. As the saying goes; you should never  achieve your dreams as you'll only be disappointed, that's my take on what you're saying, am I right?

intresting to hear what message people get form my songs.  that one started from  line i pulled over on the side of the road in my truck to write down so i wouldnt forget it, the very first line. the rest just kind of flowed out . to me its about some one who waited to long to go back home looks around and no one is left .  but if there are other messages buried in the words thats cool to .

and thanks for the kind words  glad you enjoyed it     

Mojo

I actually thought it was metaphorically written about trying to revive an old relationship.
JIm     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

TIGLJK wrote:

Mojo

I actually thought it was metaphorically written about trying to revive an old relationship.
JIm

Jim thinking about it ,that is an accurate interpretation .

oh and my dumb A@#  it starts in D not G on the last version

JOE