Topic: Song on Soundcloud - Reckless mind with a Rebel Heart

Well I finally got a moment to try this out.  Apologies for my lack of musical ability - But I do like the lyrics

https://soundcloud.com/james-kenyon-997 … ebel-heart 

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Re: Song on Soundcloud - Reckless mind with a Rebel Heart

As I said before, I really like  the lyrics. Glad you had them posted as I had a little trouble understanding them when listening to the song. I often have the same problem as my Appalachian "twang" gets in the way. Have you thought about playing it in A? Sometimes when my voice sounds too soft when singing lyrics, moving to a different key helps me "project". I'm not trying to be critical, just a suggestion as it's a great song with wonderful lyrics that listeners need to hear and enjoy.

Ken     

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Ken thank you for the feed back - I appreciate it.  I actually tried it in A but then went to D and for me it played much better and was more comfortable. I changed a couple of the chord structures in the verses as well.  I am not a musician per se like most of you on here, but I like writing songs.
Again, Thanks for the comment!

Jim

ps  How did you get " Dirty Ed" from Ken ?  smile     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

The upperclassmen in the high school I attended would often hang a nickname on incoming freshmen. Many times it was the opposite of their personality or physical characteristics  (someone who had straight hair would be called "Curly",  or a skinny kid might be called "Fats"). I was a pretty studious, honor-roll student through 8 grades. In my freshman year a magazine in the school library contained an article about the Hell's Angels motorcycle gang and mentioned that the leader of one chapter was called "Dirty Ed', so my nickname was born. Soon everyone called me Ed or DE. After I got out of high school there were folks in my home town who never knew my name was actually Ken because all my friends called me Ed.  Later, when I got into whitewater kayaking "Dirty Ed" then became my "river" name. I've often been told by friends that while discussing river running, stream fishing or kayaking with someone, they'll mention Ken and the other person doesn't know who they're talking about unless they use the name Dirty Ed. Its been my nickname for 56 years. roll     

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs