Topic: Song on Soundcloud - If I were The Wind

Thanks for all the nice comments about my song "Home For The Holidays".

Here's another tune I wrote a few years back. I was reading a book about a family in the late 1800's living on a farm in the US "tornado alley". It seemed every time they had a good crop a storm would come and destroy it before it could be harvested. The book was on the night stand next to my bed and one morning I woke up about a half hour before the alarm went off to get ready for work so I decided to read another chapter. Each chapter had a title and when I turned the page the title of the new chapter was "If I Were the Wind". I immediately set down the book, went into my music room and penned a song in about 20 minutes. When I came home from work that evening I spent about another hour doing some "fine tuning". It's the fastest song I ever wrote and this was the result:

https://soundcloud.com/user-198880521/i … ookin-back 

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

2 (edited by beamer 2020-11-19 14:46:17)

Re: Song on Soundcloud - If I were The Wind

I actually stumbled on this song on your SC before seeing this post today.  It is so good. All your stuff is so awesome.

I didnt even know you had the SC page! so followed ya.

May I make a req for an addition to your page?  I think everyone here would love to have a great copy of your CHORDISTOCK classic and most requested song.  The one about the Medium on the run.  (the actual title escapes me)  Its always asuch a fun song!     

BTW, storywise this song reminds me of  MATHEW by John Denver.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Excellent Ed very moving song about the hardship of life when mother nature hits. A sad story told well in song.     

Knocked another one out of the park. I love this song!     

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

A very moving and plaintive story and song. Your voice and style are reminiscent of James Taylor. I guess you set you alarm a half hour early every day now?     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Beamer, I had planned on also downloading my "Hell and High Water" CD to soundcloud (It has my "Small Medium at Large" song on it that you referred to), but apparently I not only gave away all the copies I had to friends, I also gave away the  CD I used as the master.  sad  When I get the time I'll try to record those songs again.     

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

7 (edited by Zurf 2020-12-01 13:26:10)

This is one of your songs that beats everything on Country radio.

I have burned your Hell And High Water CD to my computer. I'll try to find an original to return to you. Text me your address.     

I didn't know you were on SoundCloud. I'll follow your station. I used to use it quite a lot, and need to get back to doing so. I miss hearing all Jets60's new songs.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

good one i agree with Zurf beats whats on the radio these days     

out of tune out of key and out of touch