Topic: From here to London

A new song all about the hopes and aspirations of a young musician, semi biographical? I've had to make all "B" chords a 7th as Chordpro doesn't like "B"

From Here To London by Phill Williams.2/06/21

From Here To London.Undefined

INTRO; [A-B7-E|A-B7-Dbm| A-B7-Dbm| D-A-E| ]

[A] I'm gonna [B7] make my way to [E] London.

[A] 200 [B7] miles and no [Dbm] return.

[D] Each step I [A] take will be.

A [E] footnote in my [F#m] history.

[A] Some day some [B7] body's gonna [E] write.

[A] I'm gonna [B7] be a big [E] sensation.

[A] Cant wait to [B7] see my name in [Dbm]lights.

[D] I'll be [A] there on the stage.

[E] Playing my [F#m] guitar.

[A] Some day some [B7] body'll say I'm [E] fine.

(CHORUS)

[D] How [A] fine do you [E] have to be.

[D] To be a [A] rock and roll [Dbm] star?

[D] Head [A] lining a [E] worldwide tour.

[F#m] Everybody knows who you [A] are. [B7]

SOLO [Abm-Dbm- B7| E-B7-Dbm| E-Abm-Dbm-B7| D-A-E:||]

[A] I'm gonna [B7] fly out business [E] class.

[A] Stay in [B7] 5 star [Dbm] rooms.

[D] I'm gonna [A] wreck the place.

[E] Lay the rooms to [F#m] waste.

[A] Someday some [B7] bodys gonna [E] learn.

[A] I'm not the [B7] best guy in the [E] morning.

[A] My songs aint [B7] never been that [Dbm] good.

[D] Everybody [A] wants to be.

A [E] footnote in my [F#m] history.

[A] Someday some [B7] body's gonna [E] write.

(CHORUS X 2)

OUTRO [E-Abm-Dbm- B7| E-B-Dbm| E-Abm-Dbm-B7| D-A-E]

Phill Williams 2/06/21

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Re: From here to London

Lets hear it Phill     

The King Of Audio Torture

Separated by a wall and 200 years are the homes of two musicians who chose London and changed music, Handel & Hendrix. From Baroque to Rock -London has inspired music lovers of all generations. I love the lyrics to your song Phill and can't wait to hear you perform it.     

Hi Brian, recording on the way.

Pete, this song is about an eight year old boy dreaming of becoming a pop star...yes me! I'd lay awake for hours planning my rise to stardom. London is around 200 miles from me and back in the 50s and 60s that was a long way, about 6 hours in the car. I wanted to be a singer after seeing an Anthony Newly film about recording. Later seeing Tommy Steele playing guitar sent me down that path. Then of course the Beatles and the accompanying accusations of girls claiming one or other had made them pregnant. And finally the realisation that I'm not that good and would never make it at age 70 anyway. It's all there my concise autobiography.     

5 (edited by Peatle Jville 2021-06-06 23:54:41)

Phill you are a top musician and the good thing about being 70 is you wont have to worry about those young groupies throwing themselves at you, trying to get you pregnant. Paul and Ringo are still going strong and they must be around the 80 age mark and to top it of you now can hear them in concert without all the screaming groupies of old.

I think it was the screaming and the groupies I was hoping for...lol

We all have limitations, playing to your strengths and keeping within those limitations is the secret to success. You may quote me on that! I'm in a funny mood this morning.     

Phill
what is ``making it`` 1 hit song then drugs and die young or live in poverty
or
having a wife and family living a good life having grand children later in life.
i think you have ``made it`` plus you have made music,sure maybe no hits but entertained
a lot of people over many years.     

8 (edited by Phill Williams 2021-06-08 23:32:29)

Many thanks Brian. I guess in that way I have made a success of my life. These days I'm happy to come into my man cave and torture my guitar and the neighbours with my out of tune singing and writing songs to get things off my mind, insecurities and such. I think I have a nice circle of friends here on Chordie with your good self, Peter and Jim which I enjoy keeping in touch with.

Good luck with your book by the way I'm sure you 'll make a great success with it. Our own J.K.Rowling?

all good Phill,i often think of stars that ``made it`` they often live terrible unhappy lives.
of course they have money and fame.but would any of us really choose michael jacksons or elvis life?
remember if you have to choose it`s all their life,not just the good bits.     

You're so right, who'd swap places with John Lennon outside the Dakota building? Or Hendrix choking on his own vomit?