Topic: Different Layers

Done in a blues sort of timing if anyone wants to have a go at it and improve it.

Different Layers

C                 C #                   D               A

Out             of the shadows  came her music

C                 C #                 D                      A

It              was kind of dark    it was kinda   soul.

C                           D

It filled a hole  on that night.

C                            D

It sent my spirit on a flight.

C              C#

I didn’t Know

C              C#

I  didn’t know.

C           C#               D

You  got to  peal it back.

C             C#

To really know.

C               C#                       D

What’s going on with her show

D                             C           C#

It was a painting with different layers

C                C#                                D

I didn’t realize what’s going down.

C                   C#                                          D               

Somebody’s hidden struggle inside a smart gown.

C              C#

I didn’t Know

C              C#

I  didn’t know.

C             C#

To really know.

C                  C#

Whatever was happening

C                  C#                            D

Deep down in her soul ill never know

C              C#

I didn’t Know

C              C#

I  didn’t know.

C             C#

To really know. 

Re: Different Layers

In honour of your friend? Beautiful words written in the style she played? I'm guessing there'll be a recording soon?     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

i like the look of this a lot Pete,i`ll have a go at it and send it to u if it turns out ok.
well done!     

The King Of Audio Torture

Cheers Phill it is about the busker who Maree and I loved listening to her playing and who I had a couple of conversation with about music. The song is more about the perception of a person is sometimes different to their reality. I won't be recording the song myself as my health is not up to it.

Brian. thank you it will be interesting to hear how you do it.     

Here is a little vocal play with the lyrics of   "Different Layers".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXI7A92ARuc     

Pete,while i dont think this is fantastic,but it is interesting which is not to be dismissed.
interesting has merit,great to see you trying stuff other than tried and true.
an artist i think is very interesting is Bill Callahan i like what  he does
but i cant get into it.but i keep going back because  hes different.
hope this makes some kinda sense.     

Cheers EB I like the idea  of trying or experimenting with different approaches. I agree my voice and vocal setup  is not that fantastic but hopefully something that can be improved on by someone better than me.     

Hey Pete - Trying to figure this out. Are you using barre chords for this song? Seems like the chord progression is suited for barre chords.     

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

jets60 wrote:

Hey Pete - Trying to figure this out. Are you using barre chords for this song? Seems like the chord progression is suited for barre chords.

\
Jeff I should of said at the start of the post the chords of this song came from me composing  it on a piano. Guitar I have very little idea.  I  played guitar a little before my hands and arms started to give out  only by feel and had l no idea what I was playing. So I guess if it works with Barre chords go for it. I tried to have a quick bash at it with barre chords just now my fingers were too weak to make it work. My theory is very minimal when it comes to music. Basically I would say whatever a person thinks works best then play it with whatever chords you think fit. When I play guitar with my friends that play guitar good I have to ask them what  some of the chords are I'm playing. I have done a piano run through of the song but my playing and singing was really bad on it  so I didn't put it up.     

Shwmae Pedr?

This is a cross between gospel and deep blues in my opinion. I think chords would spoil it but that's my opinion. I found myself closing my eyes to listen without distractions so I had to watch the excellent video again. There are certainly different layers here. Well done.     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Peatle

I quite agree  - several layes to digest.
WELL done my friend from  down under !
Jim     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

easybeat wrote:

Pete,while i dont think this is fantastic,but it is interesting which is not to be dismissed.

like easy trying to make my mind up on this one, like the story behind it would loved to been able to hear her play. reminds me a of an old dude years ago on bourbon street playing the blues on guitar my crew left me on the side walk listening to him while they went on bar hopping. all ways amazes me how people with that much talent never get a break and the crap that makes on the radio today     

out of tune out of key and out of touch

mojo01 wrote:
easybeat wrote:

like easy trying to make my mind up on this one, like the story behind it would loved to been able to hear her play. reminds me a of an old dude years ago on bourbon street playing the blues on guitar my crew left me on the side walk listening to him while they went on bar hopping. all ways amazes me how people with that much talent never get a break and the crap that makes on the radio today

crap on the radio today ,surely not?     

14 (edited by Peatle Jville 2021-06-12 12:24:42)

Greetings Piri brawd  thank you I was trying for that sort of gospel blues sound though I sort of failed with my lack of vocal ability.

Thank you Jim I wish I had a better voice to give the different layers a better sound.

Cheers Mojo I have noticed that there are many of those very talented people playing busking on the streets around the world, whose music never seems to get played on the radio. New Orleans would have to be the best place in the world to hear plenty of good music on the streets.

Yeah, EB many good artists get left out in the airplay wilderness due to radio music directors being enticed by big labels and other commercial enticements that a small label can't compete with. Small labels get on the smaller stations but the major radio stations around the world that have big listener numbers become more about the money and not the music. It seems to float through fashion and music that horrible saying, “this is on trend at the moment”. What is so called on trend is manipulated into the airwaves and movies, tv plus whatever else that exposes artists to the wider public by the big marketers and record labels.