1 (edited by Peatle Jville 2021-08-05 05:59:08)

Topic: Money Don't Count For Nothing.

Our crystal balls might all be different on how we see or perceive the future of the planet. People’s world view obviously shapes how they perceive the future of the planet and what is right.  I think all good people want the rich and powerful to act with integrity and not push that nuclear bomb button. We all want our legacy after we gone to be a good environment for future generations once we have done our time. This is a song my friend Phill and I wrote looking at what could happen if we keep destroying our natural resources.  One thing we all have in common money don’t count for nothing once we are gone or after everything has been destroyed. Sustainable fishing for instance not been maintain because of greed and corruption by some of the players in the world fishing industry. The dodgy ones with power and money mentality of take take take.  Here is Phill’s excellent vocals and musical ability making this song happen. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCpsmCsWdzo&t=101s

Re: Money Don't Count For Nothing.

Dang, Boys! I wrote this on YT, but "what a great collaboration". Loved the whole song and as I wrote in the comments, "belongs on a cd called "Chordie's Greatest Hits"! Can't say enough good things, just that it's a HIT, my friends. MORE! MORE!

Thanks

Bill     

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

great to hear you two working on music.love the chorus!     

The King Of Audio Torture

4 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2021-08-05 20:55:19)

I keep thinking of that song as "Pre-Historic Pink Floyd", like the song they might have done before they eventually did the real one, "Money". It's a hit I tell you - a HIT!!!! You guys with the talent (which means everyone here) have GOT to let me manage you! I could run you as another "Brian Epstein Conglomerate".

Now be honest, don't you think that had that song of Pete's and Phill's been played on the air n the 60's - it would have been a hit???

I'll answer: Dang Right, it would have been a hit. Now all we need is a time machine!

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Phill and Peatle 

Good stuff boys.  Classic song and excellent video!

Message is spot on

Jim     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

6 (edited by Peatle Jville 2021-08-06 08:46:39)

Thank you Bill , Brian and  Jim for your comments   If it was good enough for Pink Floyd  and Abba to write about money it means there is plenty of room for Phill and I to add another song to the world on dosh. I actually only wrote a few of the lyrics and Phill did all the rest music vocals and so on. Phill is a genius when it comes to music and songwriting. I  made the video  and I hope it worked well with the song.

I'm a firm believer that if a good line gets into your head you should write it down then add to it as more lines come along. The first line came to me during my early morning shower, I fully expected it to disappear before I had time to write it down, but it stuck! Meanwhile Pete had been writing something himself and got stuck so he asked me to see if there was anything I could do to finish it off? So, I got the bit I'd done stuck on the bit he had done, found some chords and a tune. But I still had bits I didn't like (my bits) so asked Pete to suggest better lines, which he did. I didn't know that he would do a video that quick especially in the circumstances. It turns out that we were both on the same line as regards global warming, sea levels rising, the poor being ripped off by the mega rich and how over fishing is destroying fish stocks, coral reefs etc. So it's quite a serious song done in mainly major keys in a light hearted way.     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Kinda like "It's Good News Week" by Hedgehoppers Anonymous.

Thanks for the explanation, Phill. Like all good writers, I always wonder where they get their ideas. smile

Bill     

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Peatle Jville wrote:

I  made the video  and I hope it worked well with the song.

It sure did work well, Pete. I believe if musician "John Doe" cam knocking on your door and asked you to produce a video and look over this lyrics, you could do it in a heartbeat!

Kudos to both of you!

Bill     

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass