Topic: No Thoughts Unkind

I wrote this as a poem a while back but decided to turn it into a song. Here is what I came up with.

No Thoughts Unkind By Jeff Gilpin

~

Intro

F - F - C - G

Verse 1

I [Am]don’t know where

I want to go

So [Em]when you ask

You ought to know

That [F]just right now

I just can’t decide

[C]Whether to stay

Or [G]run and hide

~

Chorus

And [C]all is well

We tell our mind

A [G]fib we tell

No thoughts unkind [F] [F] [C] [G]

~

Verse 3

But if I stay

I know that I

Will restlessly

Stay by your side

I may get on

Your nerves again

So you’ll ignore

And can pretend

~

Chorus

~

Verse 5

That I’m not here

Or that I am

And all is right

In the world again

The rain is light

The sun is warm

The world is right

And free of harm

~

Ending Chorus

And [C]all is well

We tell our mind

A [G]fib we tell

No thoughts unkind [F] [F] [C] [G] [Am7]

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Re: No Thoughts Unkind

Here is how I play it: https://soundcloud.com/jets60/no-though … 7938749608     

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Jeff that has a nice folk style flow to it. I like the way the short lines in the song flow with a nice bounciness.     

Thanks Pete. I wasn't sure what music would work but settled on what you heard. Glad you liked it.     

J  E  T  S

Jeff

The music to this song is quite unique.... it took me to envisioning a soundtrack for an older movie- almost vaudevillian-style.
I could picture a singer like Al Jolson or Vaughn Monroe singing this. 
(This is a similar song it reminded me of   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9WRwRdpl3k  )
it nicely flows from one thought to another.

Well done.

Jim     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Thank you, Jim. I checked that link out. I do like the way that song flows, and wish I had that much backing for my voice. smile     

J  E  T  S

Jeff,
I hope you you understood what I meant, it was your song that I was talking about that flows very well, I just was comparing it to the other.

Again, nicely done.

Jim     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Hey Jim,

I understood. Thanks very much.

Jeff     

J  E  T  S