Topic: BUY AN ELECTRIC GUITAR FOR BEGINNER

Hello, I've been playing acoustic guitar for over a year now and I really love it. So I decided to buy an electric guitar right now. I want to buy online so there will be no advice in the shop. So I need to know: Is there anything important that I have to pay attention when I am a beginner? And can you recommend me a good electric guitar for beginners? Thanks for your help! 

Re: BUY AN ELECTRIC GUITAR FOR BEGINNER

Go to a reputable music store. Try as many guitars as possible cheap and expensive, you have no obligation to buy and you'll have a good idea as to what you want and suits you best and they can advise you so ask questions. An electric will be easier to play than an acoustic.     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

3 (edited by Peatle Jville 2021-11-01 21:03:09)

I dont have a electric guitar but my acoustic has a pickup in it . Recently I had been given the temporary use of an amplifier and  few other gadgets I found the sound that was created with these devices was a lot fun to dabble with.     That might be an avenue worth investigating when you visit a music store.

check it out bud. You can buy any guitar cheap or expensive and your skill level will be  your own. What these dudes mean is that if you can get to a  guitar store that would be awesome, because you can  feel the guitar weigh the guitar taste the guitar lick the guitar if you wish, But if you want to go the online route well then your gonna have to be a gambling man and see if you get what you wish for. And I understand maybe you don't have a guitar store nearby. well then .......that's where you google and go through lots of reviews, always trust the reviews, not always but sometimes always. Hope that helped. https://armadillo.sirv.com/assets/web/f … ling=4:2:0   incase your interested     

Forgive your enemies, but always remember their names!

I apologize junior memeber cenela. Sometimes i think I'm funny. I still have my first electric guitar hanging in my pool room. It was a cheap Ibanez Gio. I bought a cheap amp from the pawn shop. I swear i could not get that guitar to sound good at all. When i got it half way decent, i had the most fun i've ever had after just playing my acoustic. The loudness and the extremety of hearing the chord or note your playing is so different than strumming and hearing the acoustic. So much fun playing punk music, (nofx, rancid, greenday) playing and learning awesome classics from acdc like hells bells, if you want blood. Trying I repeat trying to follow and play david gilmours awesome little licks. Then after i had some time practicing, i stumbled upon the world of the pedals. WOW!!! You'll learn young padawan. Just have fun, always have fun and push yourself to the next level. I have pics of my guitar I sold my amp and just have my one zoom505 pedal. I don't think we can post pics here. I only play my acoustics now. FUN always play for fun     

Forgive your enemies, but always remember their names!

I suggest you to go to the guitar shop rather than buying online. I know online shop give us a big discount but in this case you should buy a guitar from your nearest and most popular shop. You can see a verity of electric guitar there and can try it one by one until you pick  suitable for you. So don't waste time to buying from online store.     

7 (edited by e.s.shaw 2022-03-15 00:10:44)

Sales reps at online stores such as Sweetwater, for one, will be glad to help you. That's what they do. Pick a name brand:  Fender, Gibson, PRS, Epiphone. Ask if that brand has any models made in Asia or Mexico.  That's where the rep can inform you about quality and demand.  That's where the bargains are. After a while, upgrade to American made and pay the premium. You'll get a good trade if you bought an in demand instrument. Another approach is to buy according to the style of music you play. If that's the case, see what your favorite player is playing.  Don't rule out the local pawn shop or local music shop.   Most avoid on line for something this personal.

The 112V Yamaha Pacifica For those on a tight budget, this is the ideal electric guitar for beginners.A vintage '50s Fender Stratocaster Overall, this is the greatest electric guitar for complete newcomers. Standard No. 24 of the PRS SE.The Gretsch G2420 Streamliner is a classic guitar. This is a Yamaha Revstar RS320.  The Epiphone SG Standard is a well-known guitar.  The Squier Bullet Mustang.     

I suggest you to go to the nearest and most popular shop to buy an electric guitar, i know the online stores give him a huge discount but you can buy a good one by visiting a shop.     

The best electric guitars for beginners at a glance:

1. Epiphone Inspired By Gibson ES-335
2. Squier Bullet Mustang
3. Epiphone Les Paul SL
4. Cort X100
5. Hartwood Fifty6
6. Harley Benton SC-Junior Black
7. Gretsch G2210 Streamliner Junior Jet     

All theses guitars are good but it's no good saying "buy this one cos I got one and it's great/suits me." Go to a good reputable store and try as many as you like, find the one that suits you best and if you can get it cheaper on-line, tell them you'll think it over and come back while you buy it on-line.     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Hello, I am Mamun. Can someone please tell me how I can buy this guitar?     

Hello, I am new here.     

Now, body shape isn't just all about looks. It also can impact how comfortable a guitar is to play. We often recommend considering a guitar with a more basic shape when you first start playing. Older body styles, like the Stratocaster, Telecaster, and Les Paul, were designed to work for any player.     

I think the most important thing is the body shape that you choose. Don't go for something crazy like a V or an Offset body shape. Go for something comfortable like a Strat or any 'generic' single-cut or double-cut shape. Les Pauls are also comfortable but they tend to be a bit heavy, so I wouldn't advise it for a newbie.

It's important to just try them out yourself first. There are also many resources online if you want to narrow your search down a lot. But yeah, like others say. If this is your very first guitar, going to a store and trying them out before buying is your best bet.