Topic: BUY AN ELECTRIC GUITAR FOR BEGINNER

Heyy! As a beginner, i wanted to ask if an electric guitar can be played by a beginner and what are the things purchasing an electric guitar a beginner should keep in mind? 

Re: BUY AN ELECTRIC GUITAR FOR BEGINNER

Dont  buy  a  poor  quality instrument with   bad  stability  and  high  action   look  for  something  better  a second  hand   Yamaha   Pacifica  is  a  good  start   cheap   cheerful  stays  in tune   and  sounds  great  .I  often use  mine  live  in preference  to  various  other   high  end  guitars  in my  collection .An electric  guitar can often be  more  comfortable  to  play    than an  acoustic  but  at  the  end it  really  depends  on what  genre   you  are  aiming  at   . A good  compromise   between the  two  would  be  Ovations  Applause  series  as  they  are  acoustic   guitars  with  a  slim electric  type neck   very  comfortable  to  use  .Hope  this  helps     

I AM INERESTED...CAN I BUY IT???     

Not an advertisment for Ovation.... But I would agree with Grah1 on his statement re: Applause. A good friend recently bought one on the knowledge that my Ovation has traveled thousands of miles with me through the heat of desert and frigid conditions in the hold of airplanes, the abuse of clumsy baggage handlers (and my own clumsyness) suffering no damage and minimal fret/setup adjustments. With a fitted case still in the sub-$500 range.  So to the question, you can buy them and are generally available.     

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Nice. It's useful about guitar     

While not promoting Ovation, I echo Grah1's sentiment about their durability. A friend, inspired by my Ovation's resilience to diverse conditions and travel mishaps, purchased one for under $500 with a fitted case, attesting to their accessibility and robust build . The Ovation guitar, known for its durability and resilience in various conditions, offers a reliable option for musicians, making it an ideal choice for exam  performances.     

Absolutely! Electric guitars can be great for beginners. When purchasing one, consider factors like budget, comfort, and versatility. Look for a guitar with good build quality, comfortable playability, and versatile tone options. Don't forget to budget for an amplifier and other accessories like cables and picks. Happy playing!     

Avoid purchasing a subpar instrument with poor stability and high action. Instead, seek out something of higher quality. A second-hand Yamaha Pacifica makes for an excellent starting point. It's affordable, reliable, stays in tune, and produces great sound. Personally, I often prefer using mine live over various other high-end guitars in my collection.

While electric guitars can offer greater comfort compared to acoustics, the choice ultimately depends on the genre you're aiming for. A good compromise between the two types would be Ovation's Applause series. These guitars feature a slim electric-style neck, offering both acoustic resonance and comfortable playability.