Topic: Rustler's Moon Tonight

I haven't written a cowboy song in a while so here you go. Close your eyes and imagine a cowboy under the stars picking this out, soft and low in 3/4 time, to put the doggies to bed for the night. I'll try and get a recording up tomorrow. (11/6/2022 - Recorded now - https://soundcloud.com/jets60/rustlers-moon-tonight)
~
Rustler's Moon Tonight
By Jeff Gilpin
~
Intro
Fingerpicking A
~
Verse 1
AStarlight A7starlight A7sus4shine over Dme
As I D7wait for the Amoonlight to Eset me E7free
ALight up the A7darkness A7sus4up in the Dsky
D7Bring me a Aglimmer to Emy weary Aeyes
~
Chorus
BThe moon is a fickle thing Anever quite A7there
Though Bsometimes she’s full and Abright
BOther times partial Afading aA7way
Like this B rustler’s B7moon toEnight E7
~
Verse 2
A Adim little A7crescent A7sus4smiling on Ddown
D7Twinkling Astars for her Eeyes E7
ASending down A7thoughts that A7sus4cheer up my Dsoul
A D7cowboy’s AhappiEness Acry
~
Solo on Chorus
~
Repeat Verse 2 to ending

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Re: Rustler's Moon Tonight

Nice one Jeff, I could imagine the way it goes which is probably wrong so let's have the recording to see how far out I was?

This side of the pond we'd call it a smugglers moon as we had last night for Guy Fawks night, to be honest it was like being in the middle of the fighting in Ukraine bangs and flashes everywhere!

Looking forward to the recording.     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Jeff
being a cowboy wannabee, I am excited to hear this one as well.
Well written !
Jim     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Thanks Phill and Jim. Phill, I can see how it would be called smugglers moon as well. I promise to have it up later. Learned something new today - Thanks Phill! https://www.britannica.com/topic/Guy-Fawkes-Day     

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Here you go if you want to hear how it goes: https://soundcloud.com/jets60/rustlers-moon-tonight     

J  E  T  S

Beautiful song, beautifully done !! Way to go Jeff!!! Love that little interlude  - reminded of how a cowboy would be  singing it- sitting in his saddle - singing to the Beeves while looking to the sky !

Fantastic imagery from that song.

Well Done Jeff  Thanks for sharing smile
Jim     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Thanks so much, Jim!     

J  E  T  S

Jeff I can imagine sitting out on the prairie around a campfire at night after a day in the saddle rounding up cattle hearing you sing and play that song.. It works real good, lyrics and guitar.     

Thanks a lot, Pete!     

J  E  T  S

Peatle Jville wrote:

Jeff I can imagine sitting out on the prairie around a campfire at night after a day in the saddle rounding up cattle hearing you sing and play that song.. It works real good, lyrics and guitar.

Pedr, you forgot to add layering ointment on your haemorrhoids. Enjoyed the recording Jeff     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Hemorrhoids would have changed how the song came I believe and made the yodeling more pitchy. Thanks, Phill. big_smile     

J  E  T  S

Nicely done Jets60, definitely can see this being sung by a cowboy around a campfire.  I reckon it would also have suited a whistle in the interval part smile     

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan