KILLER KARAOKE SONGS:
10 songs routinely murdered at karaoke clubs:

- American Pie by Don McLean
- Angels by Robbie Williams
- Crazy by Patsy Kline
- Delilah by Tom Jones
- I Got You Baby by Sonny & Cher
- La Bamba by Richie Valence
- My Way by Frank Sinatra (best known cover, original: Comme d'Habitude, by Claude Francois)
- Paradise By The Dashboard Light by Meatloaf
- Summer Nights by Olivia Newton John & John Travolta
- Sweet Caroline by Neil Diamond

Like Always: add some more titles.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: FUNNY FACTS 10

Karaoke is the devil for live music. It takes jobs away from true musicians. I guess it has a place somewhere but I wish an island someplace far,far, away could be created for Karaoke "singers". I know this seems shallow in essence but it's my true inner feeling. BOYCOT KARAOKE!!!!! It must cease to exist. Thank you and have a fantastic day.

SouthPaw41L

Give everything but up.

I am pleased to report that I have never been subjected to an evening of Karaoke.  Seems like anything from someone with a really distinctive voice would be slaughtered in such a context.  Patsy Cline being the most distinctive from the list above.  When I sing Crazy, I use Willie Nelson's version as a guide.  No one can do Miss Patsy's justice but Miss Patsy (and possibly Leanne Rhimes).

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Zurf,
We've got Karaoke places all over Nashville. Everyone who thinks they are anyone will give it a try. They try because they hope that some big producer is sitting in the audience, and that they'll get Discovered. Something else is that the clubs and bars are full of people singing other people's songs because they can't create their own. Then you have those that sing routinly and do have a decent voice. Last you've got the drunks. Nashville is the toilet for drunks that can't sing, that of course they think they can.
As for any songs that get butchered by Karaoke, I'd like to redirect the question and ask, What songs haven't been butchered?"

If you're not happy with what you have...
Then you'll never be happy with what you get...

Eagle Eye - Come now.  ALL drunks think they can sing, or don't care if they can't.  While there are many good reasons to visit Nashville, you've just given me a good reason not to.  :~) 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Zurf,
The Tennesse Titans are lousy, their players can't keep out of trouble. The Nashville Predators Have no idea of what consistancy means. The Pred's did good once the whole time they were here, the ticket prices jumped, and the team has sold so few tickets that they have to look for new management. The Nashville sounds wanted to take some more of Nashville's money, luckily that fell through. All these teams came to Tennesse with the promise that they'd bring in money and Nashville hasn't seen anything from those multi-million dollar stadiums. Nashville is greed, just greed. The people wanted the money from those teams so bad that they didn't care about the price tags attatched to them. The only thing that has grown is the crime rate. We've got more drunks in a block than we did just ten years ago for the intire city.
Nashville is greed. The city paid out thinking that it was going to get back more than it invested. The wait is still on. Don't get me wrong. I'm not against the teams, I just don't want them all to be in Nashville. Karaoke has its place, but just not here.
I can't sing and I can except it. Nashville is full of those that can't except it and they'll get drunk just to prove they can.
Nashville is just a small L.A. People come to Nashville to try and make it in the music industry when just as many have made it in L.A. New York is second to Nashville when it comes to country music fans, and they don't even have any country music stations. Maybe some of the people that want to get discovered should go up to New York to Karaoke.
I've heard a few people that could sing, I think they do themselves more harm than good when they karaoke.

If you're not happy with what you have...
Then you'll never be happy with what you get...

Hey I'm with South Paw. Boycott Karoke. Very bad for live music. They have it here at a local bar , I attended one time a few years ago and never went back. Bad stuff.

Take Care,,,Badeye.

one caper after another

Mustang Sally falls into that league as well! mad

Many years ago I sang at a karaoke evening. I was on a promice from my girlfriend if I sang "Save The Last Dance For Me" for her. I upheld my part of the bargain (which went down well) - she did not - so never again.

I do agree though that it is usually those who cannot sing who try karaoke so I now avoid bars that have it.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"