Topic: Edit and save

today i edited a song
it took me about 2 Hours of work!
then i tried to save it to my songbook just like i always did
but there was no way i could save the edited song!
what's wrong or what changed?

I hope someone can help me.

Greetz , Summers

Re: Edit and save

I just tested this. It works.

However not that there are two ways of editing the song. You can press "correct" while browsing for songs. Here you make changes to the songs indexed by Chordie. Saving this will NOT update the song in your songbook.

Use this if you find obvious errors that you want to share. Re-add the song to your songbook for the changes to take effect.

Else you can edit in your songbook.

Hi Summers - Sorry all your hard work was lost (but doing it again will not take quite as long).  Be sure to use the 'save' button that is between the edit & view windows (not the regular save button in your browser menu bar).

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

4 (edited by paul.m.francis 2007-10-16 03:15:52)

Hi,

Here's a little feature I found today while editing a song in my songbook - I made several changes and previewed my changes without saving anything.   At one point, I was a little confused and needed help on the markup language format.  I pressed help and after the help screen displayed, all of my previous changes were gone!  Fortunately, I pressed the back button on my browser (IE) and found my changes intact.  I promptly saved them and then referred to help.

Moral of story - save save save but if you screw up go back!