Topic: can't win for losin'

there's this little acoustic bluesy type thing i like to play, and being a bluesish little ditty coming up with verses is always lots of fun. I finally came up with one that stuck pretty well so here it is:
(Keep in mind that you can switch to seventh chords pretty much any time if you like, kind of neat little sound if you go back and forth but yall do what you want)...

E
Well every song I write's done been wrote before

A
I can't get rich cuz I'm too busy stayin' poor

B7
I can't win for losin'

A                                 E
so I aint gonna try no more

Well if I played a little better I might get on the radio
And if I looked a little better they might put me on a T.V. show
I can't win for losin'
But I'm happy enough at home

My ears are tired from hearin' so much bad news
I've walked my miles, and I've paid my dues
I can't win for losin'
But I can play the blues

Way back home I had some good good times
But I had to move on and leave them all behind
I couldn't win for losin'
But I'm gonna be just fine

Then I do a little lead thingamajigger, but its in E so yall can play around with and find something you like.

All You Need is Love smile

Re: can't win for losin'

lastrebel,

Your on a winner with this one

LOVE IT.

i some times use those chords for An Eagles Tune.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

i think this is your best one yet. i really can relate
great job

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

I am LOVING your music Last Rebel.  This one is coming across like a blues, so I won't be playing it.  Not because I don't want to, but it's just a talent limitation thing you see.  Nevertheless, I can hear what I'd like it to sound like just by reading the lyrics.  So cool.  Definitely some of your best work yet. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Fantastic song.. Great thought.. I'd love to hear it live..  Peace,.

hey last_rebel good composition there ,keep em comin'...

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

Another nifty idea and a dandy song, last_rebel - somebody needs to make you sit down in front of a microphone and record these gems.

Maybe we can arrange a Songwriter's Intervention like they do for alcoholics and drug addicts?  We could get a bunch of fellow songwriters sitting in a circle, put you in the middle, and then proceed to one-by-one tell you how much you have hurt us by depriving us of hearing your songs.  Then, we could quickly bundle you off to a quiet room with your guitar and a microphone where you would spend at least 30 days recovering from your lack of recording. 

Seriously though, pick a song, record it, and send it Roger Guppy to put of the Friends of Chordie page!

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

lol well James, much as I would appreciate the effort, I'm afraid this junky old computer caouldn't probably handle any kind of recording equipment..... hoping to upgrade soon so maybe there's hope smile

All You Need is Love smile