Topic: t:title"the old life..

Chordpro error: The song does not contain chords. Please include at least two chords in brackets within the text, like this: [C7].

this is a true story of how hard times were when we were young ,but everywhere you go you can still witness the poverty we see today...

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

2 (edited by selso 2007-09-30 16:53:02)

Re: t:title"the old life..

great song. i like the last verus. so true about kids to day. even my own. i remeber when there wasnt spongebob sqaurepants or dora the explorer ( my kids are really in to them ) my toys when i was a kid ? the great outdoors! i may have missed the point to your song but it took me on a little trip down memoery lane

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

thanks selso ,it was a harder life for my parents they worked themselves into the ground to raise us ,the thing is we also took some things for granted but our parents did what they had to without any thought for themselves .then when we had to start paying our own way you realise what sacrifices they made for us,but there's nothing we can do about it now except be there when they need us...

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

I can echo your sentiments, daddycool.  We have tried to raise our kids to be responsible for their actions and to have independent minds - part of that is to keep it simple . . . learn how to make your own fun and don't mope around wishing for junk you can do without.

Thinking about our kid's friends - there are some who have not enough guidance (single-parent households) and some who have way too much (smothering parents).  What amazes me is the resiliance of youth - kids from seemingly very dysfunctional households can still grow up to be great people.

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

hi james thanks for your comments my mother is 77 now and she still helps us all in her own way  she's worn out but just wont settle down and rest,ah well thats life again...