Topic: Friends of Chordie needs your help!

I am getting rather embarrassed. I set up Friends of Chordie for Chordie songwriters to post their songs and it is becoming more like a Roger Guppy site. With two MySpace and and one YouTube I do not really need another. So I have decided to no longer post my songs on FoC I will use my own site in future.

PLEASE. Songwriters get yourself a cheap microphone and record your work. The quality of the recording is not an issue but it is far better to hear the song the way it is intended to be played with the correct melody. No one expects a virtuoso performance and you never know, you might enjoy it as Mark (Bud_Wiser), Jeff (Jets60) and James McCormick and set up your own MySpace for your songs. Give it a whirl, sent it to me and I will be more than happy to remove mine to make room for yours.

Lets start a new campaign and "Get Roger Guppy off Friends of Chordie."

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Re: Friends of Chordie needs your help!

lol Roger :lol;
a campaign sounds like it is needed.

I would help but I have that many web sites I am involved in with my music, I am thinking I have enough also. I have had them for a while.
I have a myspace somewhere too but even with that I dont know if I have any msuic on it, I tihnk I never registered as a musician on it and i cannot get music on it, I have got about 3 acounts with myspace, lol, and dont use any!!,
then i have youtube which I use a lot and my bebo which I am using even more.

So sorry mate lol
there is only a handful of people on here that share their music from this site, It would be nice if people do what you have asked and get a wee cheap microphone and record some songs.
But maybe they do not know how to do it? maybe they dont want to d oit? maybe they want to but do not know how to?

If anyone needs advice on this, just ask, I will help and I am sure there are others that can help too.
I can help with advice on what to use to record into your own computer.

good luck Roger

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

no problemo roger!!! i will see what i can do in the future, i already have a recording system so i will give it a blow aye?? lol smile any ways will go now!!

love you!! love your pretend granddaughter rhiannon xoxoxoxxoxo

Follow your heart
It usually makes the right decisions <3

Roger

its a great bonus to this forum to have a place to post songs. I have enjoyed listening to songs on this

all you chordies get posting

Hi,

The Campaign is underway. Mark Robertson (Bud_Wiser) has sent me "Rediscover" to upload to FoC so that has got rid of one of me. I am particularly grateful to Mark as he does have his own MySpace site, so thank you Mark.

Rhiannon I am looking forward to receiving a song from you as soon as you can record one, thank you.

Now how about the rest you guys and gals who have never recorded one? Go on give it a bash, please.

Roger

i have no way of recording myself on to the computer. does this mean we shouldnt post songs in the songwriting forum, or are you just talking about the myspace page? id love to record but my computer is older then all of us put together

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

Sorry Selso and anyone else if I have not made myself clear in the original posting.

Friends of Chordie (FoC) is a MySpace site that I set up for Chordie Members to have their recording heard if they had no place of their own to do so. Unfortunately it seemed to be mostly my recordings on it latelyand this was a light hearted attempt to encourage the many recent songwriter to record their work and allow us all to hear the songs.

Please, please keep writing and posting your songs on the Forum but if you can have a go at recording it will be more than welcome.

By the way your computer cannot be as old as me as my first guitar had dinosaur gut for strings lol

Again apologies for the lack of clarity.

Take care and keep writing and posting,

Roger

Another member has joined the campaign,

Remember Jeff's "Down at the Crawdad Hole" posted in August well he has now recorded it and asked for it to go on FoC for your enjoyment.  http://www.myspace.com/friendsofchordie

Thank you Jeff, just one to go now.

Roger

Roger, it was your creation of the Friends of Chordie page that finally got me motivated to get a microphone and take the plunge into recording my stuff - so thanks for taking the initiative and providing a marvelous opportunity.

I have recently started to record at least one song a week - I agree wholeheartedly that the quality of the recording is not the most important thing.  What is important is that I am now getting into the habit of getting songs recorded - it is not so hard once you make up your mind to do it and then just go ahead and actually push the record button!

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

Hi Roger,

I have loads of tunes lying around and since the myspace page that I have at the moment has 4 tunes on it, you could use one of my tunes if you wanted too.

Would I email you the file to upload??

Let me know if thats ok.

P.S. FOC is my next friend request

Molay (traite)

smile

I was here just a minute ago!

Hi Molay,

Yes please, you and anyone else who has a song that wants putting on on FoC please send it to my e-mail address: roger4songs@yahoo.co.uk  Preferably in MP3 format but I can usually convert it if not and I will let you know when it is on FoC so that you can make the announcement and post the lyrics and chords on the Forum.

Roger