Topic: beginner songs!

Hi!

I've been playing guitar for about 8 months now and I would like to know some begginner songs!

The chords that I know are:

c,d,e,g,a,em,dm,am,a7,cm,d7,e7 and a few more.

I also can kind of do barre chords. Does anyone know some not too easy songs but with these chords. Maybe you could also tell me with a new chord in it! Thank you!:)

Re: beginner songs!

Go to public song books and type in beginner,
There you will find anything for beginners.
This is amazing that you know all these chords already !
Rock on
DrAntle

3 (edited by hazenk 2007-10-10 19:32:10)

Depends on what type of music you are into.

Neil Young songs are a great place to start if you like Neil!  Neil plays basic chords and adds good 'ol strumming with some great "thumpin" on the strings. The nice part is, he will usually single out strings/notes within the chord formation. But he does alot of hammering and flat-picking of single notes with his strumming.  He was who I tried to immulate as a kid just starting out and learned alot. Download a few of his songs or buy a greatest hits CD, download the chords from here and have at it!

Bob Dylan as well...very basic chords. Both these guys turn simple chords into great tunes. Some of Dylan's earlier stuff does use a bit moren finger picking than Neil...but...strumming Dylan songs sound just as good. Quite frankly, Dylan never plays the same song the same way anyway!!!  Sometimes he picks them, other times he'll strum them and sometimes he will even plug in the Fender play them electrically! 

But with chords you have learned...you are well within his chord choice.

Keep in mind...you may need a capo!

Best of luck!

Hazen

musicrox!
It all depends on your taste in music.

Tom Dooley is A7 & D
Beautiful Body is D, C, G, & Am
Last Kiss is G, Em, D, & C
Okie From Muskogee is E & B7
Breakfast At Tiffany's is D, G, & A
I'll Fly Away is D, G, & A
Up on The Roof is G, C, D, & Em
Everyday People is C & G
Leaving On A Jet Plane is A, D, & E

Are you looking for songs in general or something specific?

If you're not happy with what you have...
Then you'll never be happy with what you get...

Learn F and G as well and you will have enough to play most Irish ballads.  Enjoy

My ambition far exceeds my ability

Oh you're on your way!!!  Go out and find some songs on the Artists or Songs section of this site.  Then start playing them.  Don't worry about playing then the original artist (or the cover you know).  Play it the way you want to play it.  With that repertoire of chords, and the ability to do some barre's (especially F#m), you're as ready as ready can be.  The hard part now is learning to transition between chords smoothly (or if roughly, then roughly with style - like George Thorogood). 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

HOUSE OF THE RISING SUN
Country Roads
LAST KISS
Free Fallin
KEEP ON ROCKIN IN A FREE WORLD
Let it be
and many many more !!!!

Hi musicrox, as written: you know already to play without a problem the chords you mentioned.
But you need ABSOLUTELY to play B, B7, useda lot in blues and other nice songs.
I know a lot of chords, and you can find more on www.chordbook.com, you can change, better transpose chords, find a lot of chords used a lot in songs. Why transpose: some songs have really difficult chords, like B#, Cm ...., I have a lot of books with songs, like the songbook of the Beatles.
You can see hat songs written a piano, are sometimes really difficult, also songs are written in that way that the singer has no problems to sing them. But a song performed by Bryan Adams, and covered by a woman, with a different voice and not able to sing the Adams chords, will use other chords, matching to her voice. If you look in a songbook, you can change songs to play and sing them better. A BIG GOLDEN ADVISE: try to play along with the song on your CD.
I am able to play along within 30 seconds, and if I am wrong, or if it gets more difficult, start it over.
Also important is the fact that YOU KNOW THE MELODY. There are very popular songs I start to play, and have to stop, because of the melody.
An easy and great song is "KNOCKING ON HEAVENS DOOR" the Bob Dylan version, the Gun's and rose version.
Keep practising and even if you play already quit good, you will improve your skills more and more.
Last thing: minor chords like Am, are more melancholic, and A7, is more bluesy.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]