Topic: "Slave"

Before anyone starts thinking kinky leather straps and things there is an old addage that 'dogs have owners and cats have slaves' and this little ditty is based on that. It is of course dedicated to my two cats, T.T. (Twinkle Toes) and Henry, although I am in reality only guardian to Henry, and it is put here for your amusement.

I have recorded it on MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/rogerguppy

Roger

Slaveby Roger Guppy

A slow waltz

Intro:

[G][C][G][D]

Verse 1:

[G]I am a [C]slave to [G]Henry and [D]T.T.,

For[C]ever at [D]their beck and [G]call,[D]

[G]When they de[C]mand I must [G]give right [D]away,

And [C]I get [D]no pay at [G]all.[D]

Verse 2:

[G]TT was the [C]first to [G]come to my [D]home,

She tried my [C]seats, my [D]bed and my [G]mat,[D]

De[G]cided my [C]place would [G]suit her just [D]fine,

Adopted [C]me, and moved [D]in, just like [G]that.[D]

Verse 3:

[G]Then Henry's [C]mum had to [G]move to the U[D]K,

And though [C]fit, he [D]has F.I.[G]V.,[D]

So [G]he could not [C]go and he [G]had to stop [D]here,

So he [C]moved in with [D]T.T. and with [G]me.[D]

Chorus 1:

[C]Henry and [D]T.T. [C]are both slave [D]drivers,

They de[C]mand all my [D]time and [G]attention,[D]

But [C]I do not [D]really [C]lose out at [D]all,

In [C]return I get their [D]love and [G]affection.[D]

Verse 4:

I [G]spend more on [C]them than my[G]self each [D]week,

They get [C]prawns for [D]breakfast and [G]chicken for [D]tea,

[G]I just get [C]Corn Flakes and baked [G]potato or [D]fries,

So they get [C]fed far [D]better than [G]me.[D]

Chorus 2:

[C]Henry and [D]T.T. [C]are both slave [D]drivers,

And [C]I must [D]be completely [G]bats,[D]

[C]I should be in [D]charge as [C]I am the [D]human,

And [C]Henry and [D]T.T. are both [G]cats.[C][G]

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Re: "Slave"

;lol: lol lol
Roger double meanings? yep this has, I dont care if it is about cats lol
this si the sort of song if someone done and tried to say it was about cats ye would get the reply " aye right" lol

good lyrics, not listened to it yet, will do tomorrow.

Good stuff

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Hi Roger
I know what you mean about cats having one for 13 odd years. It sorta adopted us and decided that we were put on the earth just to cater to it's needs lol.
nice song well recorded.
well done

Regards
Ark

I like your song Roger . I tell you if there is life after death I
want to come back as my wife's cat. That cat gets the Royal
Treatment.lol. Its Pampered.

Take Care...Badeye.

one caper after another

Cool as!  There is a saying that if you feed a dog, it thinks you are God... If you feed a cat, it thinks it's God - who can argue with that!

I'm the son of rage and love

I am very much a dog lover
But my friend has the cutest funniest cat. She even takes on my dogs.

Clever  like Rogers TT and afraid of nothing, only aerosols and flame! Combined that is!

Well Done Roger, every cat lover will love you for this creation..

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Thank you Ken, Arkady, Badeye and Bonedaddy,

I am pleased to hear that I am not the only one who is soft with his pets because I was the one who came to Portugal and said "Definitely no pets they are too much of a commitment". Bonedaddy I had not heard that saying before, it is well worth remembering.

Helena, who has slipped a post in while I was writing this, thank you for your kind words but did you have to remind everyone that Henry is more intelligent than I and realised the danger of aerosols and flame lol.

When I moved here there were four dogs and Henry went missing for 5 days leaving little T.T. on her own. On the third night there was such a commotion and yelping and the dogs have ever since given the cats a wide berth.

Thank you all again,

Roger

Roger Guppy wrote:

Thank you Ken, Arkady, Badeye and Bonedaddy,

I am pleased to hear that I am not the only one who is soft with his pets because I was the one who came to Portugal and said "Definitely no pets they are too much of a commitment".

Roger,
Sorry, But I was thinking more of the kinky straps and handcuffs etc lol
I dont care much for dogs and even less for cats. I am alergic to cats and I only like big dogs.
  Still a great song for the thoughts in my head ,lol

Ken

Hi Ken,

I think I will have to re-write this song especially for your benefit but if I do I will probably not be able to re-post it here. lol

Of course you could always unleash your fertile imagination and re-write it yourself if you wish and from the sounds of it make a better job than I could as you seem to know about these things than I do. lol

Roger

hi roger we used to have a ginger cat and for many years he was lord of the manor so to speak until he stepped way over the line by urinating on my sarnies for work ,i'm sorry but we had to give him away, there's got to be some limits ...stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

hahahahaha big_smile kinky straps and handcuffs?!?!?!?!? plz isnt that a bit naughty to be discussing on this site?!?!? big_smile:D i love the song roger but plz no FLUFFY PINK HANDCUFFS!!! if so, then make sure they're on  the doorhandle when at home as not to be disturbed!!

say hi to TT and Henry for me!
love your pretend grandaughter rhiannon xoxoxoxoxo

Follow your heart
It usually makes the right decisions <3

Just heard a great song about cats!  Well done, Sir Guppy!

I'm sure the cats are very proud of this tribute - but they are just too aloof to express their gratitude.  We've had cats, but now just have too many dogs.

Roger, your 'Slave' song goes well with my 'What a Friend We Have in Kitty' song:
http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1070
I believe your video for this song is also still up on YouTube.

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

Thank you Rhiannon and James,

Rhiannon, my pretend grandaughter, you are far too young to know of such things and have too vivid an imagination. 'Pink fuffy handcuffs' indeed, are you sure you are not related to Upyerkilt Ken? lol  T.T and Henry say "Purr".

James I may well make another slideshow and put this on YouTube too, I certainly have enough photos, and as you say the two will go well together. "What a Friend We Have in Kitty" is certainly still on YouTube at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INIhGiU_SE8 and incidentally it is the very first song I recorded and put on the Internet.

Roger

is this the start of a conceipt album on cats? cats without the fluffy handcuffs ,lol

maybe everyone in here could write a song about cats or a cat or just do some cover version of
eye of the tigeer and the lion sleeps tonight or the black douglas,
lol

ken

hahahaha believe me roger i am definately not to young to know all this!!! i may be 14 but i am a VERY educated 14 year old!!! big_smile I am betting that i know alot more names than you do for errrr......sexual educational stuff!! big_smile I am definately not related to Ken!!! or am i?!?!? wow imagine if i was.........any way i love the song and i will check out your myspace! just for the record my myspace thingo is www.myspace.com/rhilovesfoc so there you are add me if you wish!!

love your pretend grandaughter rhiannon xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxo

Follow your heart

Hi All,

The reason for resurrecting this thread is that Henry, after a short illness past away in my arms at 6:00am this morning. I put a video featuring him on YouTube only two weeks ago and most of the footage was taken the day before it was uploaded. If you do watch it Henry is the silver tabby: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKP9UTu1klk

I am not looking for replies but it is just to let you know why I will not be very active for a day or two.

Roger

Lovely Video Roger,

Its so sad to lose our pets. I know i was always ribbing you about your cats!  But I also know, you know it was always  done in jest.

Hugs,

Helena.

ohmygosh roger!!! it is so sad for you i feel dreadfully sorry and i hope that you will not be to sad on this!!! but just in case i would like to give you lots of hugs and kisses to you to show you i understand. just 5 days ago my pet died too sad well must fly but please take care xxoo

love your pretend grandaughter rhiannon xoxoxooxxoxo

Follow your heart

pure crap you cant take yourself serious and wat type of man keeps cats nevermind
writing songs for them very strange and creepy

Hi Gerry woods,

Its  plainly ovbious you are not an animal lover, or maybe not even a lover!.

Because most people here on the forum have a lovely sense of respect and compassion about them.

We all in our own way live life as we want to. You need to remember everything you give out verbally you get back.

I dont need to defend the writer of this song, but as a fellow human being, i want to show respect for his feelings. as another human being. 

You Gerry Woods needs to learn how to do the same.

Slán

Old Doll.

gerry woods wrote:

pure crap you cant take yourself serious and wat type of man keeps cats nevermind

It's official folkes! I just looked up "idiot" in The Merriam-Webster Dictionary and and picture of this girl popped up. Coincidentally, her picture also appeared under twerp, simplton, halfwit, dope, moron, dolt, ninny, blockhead, nincompoop, jerk, dummy, and boob. Welcome to chordie gerry woods, no go away or change your ways.

Give everything but up.

Although I was not seeking comment I thank you all for your kind messages both here and the private ones I have recieved.

To Gerry Woods I will say that you have been a Chordie Member since 13th July 2007 and this is only your second contribution to the Forum (the other one having been deleted) I on the other hand joined 6 months prior to you and what kind of man am I? Well I have posted over 1,000 messages to this Forum, contributed several songs, all of which have been recorded and, along with some cover versions put on the Internet. I have helped a number of people and made numerous friends in America, Canada, Australia, Asia and Europe through Chordie. I have brothers, sisters, children and grandchildren and alas now only one cat all of whom I love and all love me in return. I have grieved, mourned and shed many tears for the loss of my cat Henry and what you seem not to have grasped is that to receive love (and respect for that matter) be it from man or beast, you have to first give it. Remember also that a cat, or any pet for that matter, is completely dependent upon you for its care and wellbeing. They give their love unconditionally.

Why not start a new thread in the 'Chat Corner' and find out just how many famous artists have written or performed a song about a pet, I think you will be surprised.

The song "Slave", if you had taken the trouble to read, play or listen to it, is in fact a tongue-in-cheek take on the way that a cat's behaviour is so very different from that of a dog. My latest song "Business As Usual" however is based on the sense of loss that I feel but I have tried to write it so that it can be about a death or the parting of ways for a person.

I do not know what sort of reaction you expected from me from your comment but I feel a great pity, sadness and sorrow for what is missing from your life.

If I can help you in any way please do not hesitate to write to me privately.

Take care,

Roger

gerry woods wrote:

gerrywoods if you dont shut your trap when speaking to roger i will shut it for you...he is a well respected person on this site and he is very dear to me, writing songs about animals and people you love is not strange and creepy it is quite natural. so if you dont like wat the people write on this site then screw you we have our lives and you have yours. im sure that most people will agree with me that we dont like people such as yourself commenting on something that is not unusual, it is very sad losing a pet. but as you have no heart then you wouldnt know. bye

thanks rhiannon

Follow your heart

Whack!
There . . . I just extracted a rather large stick from up gerry wood's butt and smacked him over the head with it.

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

Rhiannon Darlin,

Its actually quite refreshing for me to read a post like yours to Gerry Woods.

It shows me the strength of character and respect you have  about you  For your friends.

All good.

Well Done Girl.

Old Doll.