Topic: Old Doll

I think Old Doll should be made a moderator. She has helped so many people achive their guitar ambitions, and she has done more posts than anyone on tis site (that I know of), and is always eager to help.
cool danspr

Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel
Jimi Hendrix
cool danspr

Re: Old Doll

i agree, maybe when a spot comes up, she can be the next in line?
selso

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

As I have access to how many posts members have made, for interest sake, I will list the top 10

James McCormick 1264
Gitaardocphil        1012
Upyerkilt               993
Old Doll                 737
Roger Guppy         717
Badeye                 593
Bootlegger            550
Jerome O'Neil        528
Admin                   465
Jets60                   427

As you can see only three people have posted more messages than Old Doll and I do agree that she has been, and still is, a much valued Member of Chordie and would make an excellent Moderator. She would certainly be my first choice if an opening arose.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

I dont think it really matters at how many posts a person has made before becoming a moderator. Someone could be typing nonsense all the time to get their post numbers up ( sad as it sounds, people do this in other forums)

Being a moderator is more to do with the person themselves. Even if they only had 4 posts they could make the best moderator on the net.

Moderating a forum does give you "powers" to edit, delete, move posts/topics as well as banning spammers but to be honest Chordie is an excellent forum with relatively hardly any spam, which does get deleted as quick as possible, mostly by the administrators.
We ( admins and moderators) do not really have to edit or delete much posts through arguing online,swearing,or useless posts. So we have a pretty easy time really.

But, this is not to say Old Doll would not make an excellent moderator. I am sure she would as would lots of others. But since Old doll has posted so many posts that does indicate she is in the forum a lot and therefore would be good as a moderator, and also ye just get this feeling over the electrical wires that she is a good person with a kind heart and most of all, she knows whats right and whats not. ( I have to say this, she is my "Irish ma"  lol )

Danspr, lol do you just ignore all my posts then lol and james' and the Doc's ? lol

I am sure after this thread Per ( thee admin of all admins) will now consider her if or when a space arises, or he might just throw her into a section?

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Hi
I think a new title should be created for lena.... old doll maybe "Our Mum" something homely which reflects the warmth her posts generate on the forum.:)

UYK Right number of posts can't be the criteria for making a moderator quality should be the deciding factor.
and a question what's the difference between a Moderator and a Administrator
just wondered me being ignorant

Ark

hi ark

The difference is a moderator can only moderate the sections he/she is named for moderating.
they can edit, delete, request to move posts that seem to be in the wrong place. And I think they can ban members too although I am not sure of this as I have never felt the need that I have ever had to ban someone ( apart from spammers)
the administrators can go anywhere in the forum and change anything like a moderator can do but does not have to be named for one section, they have the freedom of the forum to moderate it. I think there are one or two other things but I am not too sure apart from what I said. They are like "god" moderators ,lol.
It means that if I am on holiday or away for a few days and there are any posts that are bad i.e spam, swearing etc, the administrator can change it/delete it/move it etc.

but the only thing admin and mods have to do really is delete spam, delete swearing ( although doesnt happen a lot) and move topics to rellevant places.
We do our job better ( thats if we could get any better,lol) by reporting spam and irrellevant use of sweary words such as f... c.... ba...... wa.. sh... etc etc ,lolthe quicker it is dealt wit h, the better this site remains

( Im ust have nothing to do,lol, such a long reply for an easy question, sorry)

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Thanks for taking the time to explain the difference.
regards

Ark

This thread i am only seeing now! I think my blood pressure is gone off the scale! I am embarrassed now to think i have put so many postings here.

Ive been just answering post as they appeal to me. Never did i think about the amount!! The songwriting section alone is a lot of post in its own right.

Now i feel like im making excuses!!

I genuinely am not interested in becoming anything other then a Chordie Member. I do not have the Music ability to do so. There are so many more
Chordie members who have. There post reflect this.
I dont wish to seem ungrateful to anyone, But i prefer to be just as i am.
Jeez Roger, you and that list will haunt me. How sad am i.

Thank you all. Especially "You Danspr" xxx

Embarrassed Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Old Doll wrote:

This thread i am only seeing now! I think my blood pressure is gone off the scale! I am embarrassed now to think i have put so many postings here.

Ive been just answering post as they appeal to me. Never did i think about the amount!! The songwriting section alone is a lot of post in its own right.

Now i feel like im making excuses!!

I genuinely am not interested in becoming anything other then a Chordie Member. I do not have the Music ability to do so. There are so many more
Chordie members who have. There post reflect this.
I dont wish to seem ungrateful to anyone, But i prefer to be just as i am.
Jeez Roger, you and that list will haunt me. How sad am i.

Thank you all. Especially "You Danspr" xxx

Embarrassed Old Doll.

Doll,

You know the respect that I have for you and how I will not put th "O" word in front of your name.  With that said it is not about ability as much as compassion and availibility. I think the world of you and never sell yourself short.

With respect,
Sian

Bootlegger.

Roger Guppy wrote:

As I have access to how many posts members have made, for interest sake, I will list the top 10

James McCormick 1264
Gitaardocphil        1012
Upyerkilt               993
Old Doll                 737
Roger Guppy         717
Badeye                 593
Bootlegger            550
Jerome O'Neil        528
Admin                   465
Jets60                   427

As you can see only three people have posted more messages than Old Doll and I do agree that she has been, and still is, a much valued Member of Chordie and would make an excellent Moderator. She would certainly be my first choice if an opening arose.

Roger

I'm #8!  Woohoo! 

/ buffs nails on shirt....

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

lena,
Don't change, and don't get embarrassed.
There's love for you across the big pond.
I think that once a person talks with you, in person or on the net, they would agree.
Your beauty shines through your words.
I'm glad to get to be one of those people that get to send and receive your e-mails.

Now as for moderating; Do whatever keeps you happy.

Love Ya,
                                                                                    Joe

If you're not happy with what you have...
Then you'll never be happy with what you get...

jerome.oneil wrote:

I'm #8!  Woohoo! 

/ buffs nails on shirt....

Yes Jerome, you and everyone on that list deserve a pat on the back. You all make sensible (well most of the time lol), meaningful comments and not just any old rubbish to increase the count and all of you have the right attitude towards Chordie and it's members and each one of you is worthy of praise.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Hi Eagleeye5851,
i am hoping this is the end of this thread!

Thank you  for your kind words.
I need to reassure Everyone who has Emailed me privately, your emails

contents are never discussed with anyone else on or off the forum.

They are private and will remain so.  Guaranteed from my end.

DiĆ” Linn

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !