Topic: here we amp again

I have amps, and I heard that amps using "tubes" are better. o here, some WHYS:

- Is it correct that a tube amp is better compared to a non tube amp?
- Opinion about amps having an amazing amount of other amps and build in effects, see line 6 amps.
- What about the Fender Cybertwin, where tubes and digital stuff, work together?
- What about a Valve State, like some Marshalls?
- I was reading something about Jimi Hendrix, and if I am not wrong, I think he answered that he connected a few amps TOGETHER.
So what is true?
What difference in sound between a Marshall (just a brand) or a Fender with tubes, compared to a Marshall Valvestate.
Can it be possible that I am destroying my Acoustic Marshall, by playing electric on it, to have and hear the beautiful sound of the guitar you plugged in? I swear that this is an incredible experience, and even more using that little Pandora with a modelling and effects I can use on that amp. In that little effect processor, you can choose a certain rhythm, and this helped me so much to keep the rhythm.
How to connect 2 amps, and what is the result?

GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: IT'S ALL ABOUT AN AMP, AND NOT MY NAME BECAUSE IT'S A LAMP

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: here we amp again

I know that Jimi Hendrix chained 5 FUZZ pedals together...
I can certainly imagine him running amps into each other as well.
That dude had NO FEAR!

Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

Detman, I was convinced, but I really would see the effect of using multiple amps at the same time
How are they connected??
Most people tell that Jimi was the greatest, to me he is more a kind of "illusionist", WHY, because people paid a lot more attention to his "PERFORMANCE", he was indeed one of the best guitar player, but to me NOT THE BEST. See SRV, less show, so people are less distracted by a spectacular show. SEE RAMMSTEIN, a German group, unfortunately linked to much to the skinheads & neo nazis, with guitars spitting fire. Also see Kiss.
Jimi died so young and became an idol.
Another crazy fact is that people like COBAIN, and even more: ELVIS PRESLEY, who sold millions of albums after he died. There is a rumour that he was almost bankrupted.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Well, people love a show.
And as long as you can dazzle them with what they are seeing, they will usually not pay attention to what is really going on.
A good example for this is the American Media. They show you what they want you to see so that you don't ask questions about what is really going on.

I'm not calling Jimi a liar or a fake....but he was good at what he did and he did set new boundaries in the music world.

=]
Dm

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

I guess everyone has a preference...Purists swear by the tube amps! I have a peavey Classic 30 that sounds absolutely great with every guitar that I've got! Especially cranked up with the telecaster. I also have a peavey transtube Bandit (solid state) that sounds great too. I think the solid state sounds better at the lower volumes...seems that the tubes need some volume to sound best. One of the best sounding amps that I have at small room volume is a tiny little Roland Micro Cube... I'm simply amazed at the sound of this little amp.

I think a lot of the early guitarists like Hendrix linking multiple amps was more about volume than sound...todays speakers are much more efficient!

Check out Frank Zappa (lots available on youtube) to see an extraordinay guitar player...his cross picking techniques are phenomenal!

Middleaged Redneck sorta guy who refuses to grow up...passion for music, especially Southern Rock but like bout everything cept Gangsta/Hip Hop. Collect guitars, mandolins, and love to ride Harleys.

Phil,

As mentioned purist will love the warmth that you can only get with a tube amp. Showmanship is for the masses of people and helps sell tickets. Musicians are in for the artistry of the player and what they can learn or extrapiulate for the player. Myself I prefer the tube amp and the player with the true talent that can take any guitar (in tune of course) and make it sing.

Bootlegger.

I'm a tube guy.  "Better" is a subjective opinion, and I do think they sound better. 

Advantages.  Some fact, some opinion.

Watt for watt, they'll be louder than solid state amps.   

The tone is warmer. 

Drawback: is having to replace the tube every now and again.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Bootlegger, can you hear a difference between a tube amp and another amp? Some people say, I think even Neil Young, that they prefer vinyl above CD?
I have 1 Marshall Valvestate, no tubes at all, but the acoustic Marshall 100W is 100% tube. This is one of my favourite amps, because I play even more electric on it, using it 50% pure, and 50% with a modelling floorboard. This amp is used a lot with the "toneworks Pandora device" because, playing alone, I have a rhythm section on board, and this is so small, and gives me the opportunity to use drum & bass loops and follow the rhythm.
WHAT IS YOUR OPINION ABOUT THE FENDER CYBERTWIN? and tubes, and digital modeling are on board. My opinion is that this is a super amp.

I think tube amps "feel" better. I have owned various transister amps like gallien-kruger, acoustic, and peavy, and while these amps often sounded nice in the living room, they all failed the acid test at a gig. The kruger was the best sounding of the solid state amps that I have plugged in to, but even it had a volume level that it "liked". Always, when plugged in to a tube amp, (marshall, fender, etc.) the tubes create a natural compression that just feels right, especially at a higher volume. The distortion is nicer and more vocal. Different tubes also affect the sound. Fenders modified to run el34s sound much warmer with a smoother distortion when cranked.

I wrote already that I have a Marshall Valvestate, I use this one often to try my floorboards, like a zoom 8080, or the line6 POD XT live. My all time favourite amp is the Fender Cybertwin, not cheap
but worth every cent.
Also: a Marshall AS100D, for electro-acoustic guitars. I use this amp a lot to have the pure guitar sound, an electric guitar provides us. I often use on this one a little device: Korg ToneWorks PX4D Pandora Guitar and Bass Multi-Effects Processor with 158 effect types ranging from realistic amp sounds. BUT THE BEST PART IS: a rhythm section, drums, allowing you to play alone and to follow the rhythm. You can change the speed, type of rhythm, using different programmed amps, and a lot of effects on board. ALL THIS IN A DEVICE not much bigger than a digital camera.
An acoustic PX4A is also available, this one I don't have.
If you want, you can listen to the sounds using the acoustic & electric Pandora. Google tone works Pandora and go to the website.
Amazing what this little thing can do

Oh My Gosh.....

I tried a Tube Amp this saturday night when I took my godson to the guitar store in town.
My guitar sounds sooooooo much warmer on a tube amp with a 10in speaker.
I tried "Kustom" amps and "Orange" amps and wow....the sound is soooo much better!
It really is a lot warmer and softer than using an electronic amp.
But the drawback is that you don't get those awesome effects like with the Line-6 amps.

Kustom has a tube amp with electronic effects built into it too, but it costs 500 dollars and weighs more than I'm willing to carry.

=[
Dm

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle