Topic: Protect my new baby..lol

Ok I just bought a new guitar http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ … sku=512259  As you can see it doesn't come with a pickgurd..I've read somewhere about a static cling clear pickguard. Has anyone tried these and are they a good option. I don't want to add a permenant pickguard but the thought of scratching the top scares the hell out of me..lol If you have any alternatives in mind please share them. Thanks. Peace!

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Re: Protect my new baby..lol

hi guitarpix,i have couple of guitars that have no pickguards  have played them
every day for some time now and there is no damage on any of them.good luck

Welcome to Seagull, the lack of pickguard is based on the assumption that you'll be politely fingerpicking on this instrument. I'm also interested if you have a heavy varnish as most seagulls come with just thin lacquer. Lacquer let's the sound ring out but also wears real easy, I've worn a lovely patch round the sound hole in the last 3 or so years. I seem to remember some stick on transparent guards meant for fingerstyle players but not sure where I'd start looking for them...

'The sound of the city seems to disappear'

http://luxlogs.com/GuitarBra/ I found this last night if anyone else is interested.  I think they'll do the trick.
I'm always very carefull with my guitars but you know how it is when you get with a group of people playing and they start passing them around... Some people just don't treat your guitar the way you would. I though these would be a good precaution...Peace!

Thanks for the Welcome cytania. Yea I love it! It's my first Seagull but I'm familiar with the Godin line. Which is why I choose this one. To me they just have the most comfortable necks...Not to mention the excellent tone and value of these guitars. I also have a Simon and Patrick Pro Rosewood and a Norman acoustic that I treasure... And yea It has the laquer finish just buffed to a full gloss. It is a slightly thicker finish than the semi or satin but not enough to compromise the vibration of the top, especially with the new thinner braced curved top on these guitars.

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Guitarpix, about pick guards, I think you can order a pick guard, maybe not for your guitar, but I had friends with a guitar without pickguard and 2 or 3 went months later to a music store, because on the pickguard place: lot of scratches

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

If you're in the UK try this website:

http://www.wdmusic.co.uk/

They can make custom pickguards if I remember correctly. Lots of different materials to choose from too.