1 (edited by last_rebel 2007-10-27 01:54:29)

Topic: Long Road Home

Okay everybody knows the old l -0-0-- 2--0l  trick you can use on the a,d,e strings...
                                                   l-0-0-- 0--0l
You can use those or the regular chords for this song, and of course yall know about the sevenths you can slip in. Bluesy (kind of old school rock and rollish) type rythym.

Chordpro error: This is not a valid artistname. You will have to specify an artistname in the form {st: Artistname} in the beginning of the code.

All You Need is Love smile

Re: Long Road Home

Last Rebel,

This one i feel needs more telling? Maybe me been nosey?

Old Doll

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

more telling??? Do you mean the song needs more, or you want me to expound??
Cuz I can do both I guess.

Yes!

With  this one id like a little more of the story.

Old Doll.

Okay here goes.../
There's a highway here in Texas that runs all the way from the gulf coast on up to deep east Texas, lufkin, newton, longview, etc.....
My life's been basically on either end, up towards 'the country' was the place I'll always call home (ah to be back in Seedtick lol), and also the in between towns of kirbyville and buna where I had the most tormenting days of my short life (emotionally anyhow) with the crazy on and off (and rather strained) relationship with my runaway momma ....  and down 'to the sea' lies the nasty smoggy city where I somehow keep ending up. Ive finally learned to deal with it and get along okay but at first I had a really hard time, we were broke and homesick, no TV no couch, microwaved bacon and mac n cheese four nights a week, a white walled apartment and no friends (well thats what I felt like at first, a found a few good uns). 'both ways had thier way with me'....
The second verse just kind of seemed to fit the theme, I'd heard 'Its good to be back home again' by John denver and I started thinking about some guys I knew who have to stay on the road for whatever reason...
And the last one's just kind of about the ramblin' shoes theme thats so recurrent in country music, and a nod at the willie nelson song 'My heroes have always been cowboys'....
  "I learned all the rules of a modern day drifter
    Don't you hold on to nuthin' too long
    Just take what you need from the ladies and leave them
    With the words of a sad country song"

So anyhow there it is, the song itself is about being gone from home and on the road, and wanting this road thats taking us so far away to please take us back where we came from....

Now as to the song, do you think it needs something more in the lyrycs, or should I leave it alone???

Hi Last rebel,

I still feel id like another verse to this, But it is your song.

So do what you feel is right by it. Having read your last post,

this song makes more sense to me now.

Old Doll.