1 (edited by last_rebel 2007-10-30 21:44:16)

Topic: My Song (Stays the Same) FINISHED VERSION

Maybe some of you remember me doing this one a while back, but now I've got chords and I added a line here and there to make it come together structurally speaking.... so anyway here it is. The chords DO work, but I hope yall can catch on  to the tune with them, I know it looks a little crazy.... If you can't get the chords to work out I'd still appreciate comments on the lyrics, cuz if noody sees any major problems I'm gonna call this one finished.

Chordpro error: This is not a valid artistname. You will have to specify an artistname in the form {st: Artistname} in the beginning of the code.

I like to go into a medley of songs here, I play thru the Free Bird chord sequence and play that over to country boy can survive, and when I get to the G the second time I do the Dixie anthem and fade out.... but yall aint gotta try that lol

All You Need is Love smile

Re: My Song (Stays the Same) FINISHED VERSION

Hi Rebel,

Your song, being formatted, I could print out and this allowed me to play straight through from start to finish. The only problem with the chords for me is the long D in the chorus but without knowing a composers melody a long chord always causes me some doubt as to the melody so that is not a criticism.

It plays through beautifully and I liked the lyrics and to do what I know you like to I must say that I particuly like these lines that I can really relate to:

"And I don't know what happened to my innocent days
I guess I spent 'em well enough that they went away"

Thank you,

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Ooops!
Im glad you said something thats supposed to go back to a G, I'll go edit it. So sorry about that I missed it somehow.
Thanks for the kind comment,
              Last Rebel

Hey Rebel,

It now plays even better with that extra G in the chorus.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Good Girl lastrebel,

I really like this, I have also played it. plays like one of my own songs.

But i bet your melody is different to mine, they always are.

Strange that, when the chords are so few. Very well done.

Old Doll.

PS. Poor old Porter Wagoner is gone to the Grand Ole Oprey in the Sky"

Did you like his music? He was around a very long time in the music scene.

"May Heaven be his Bed"

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=TwoesyxNOew

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

6 (edited by last_rebel 2007-10-31 00:33:39)

porter wagoner sang 'the green green grass of home', which is one of my favorite songs. I'm not a huge fan, but I like some of his music. I like that song he's doing on that link too... If I'm not mistaken someone else sang it first, (but then that always seems the case with country songs lol) It was lung cancer wasn't it?
Always a shame to see a grand ole opry legend pass away....
  By the way I found that on the chorus you can substitute a Cadd9 where that last C goes and it makes the vocal climb a little easier (for me anyhow).