Topic: An Apology

Hello to All,

I have had two very nice messages from officers of this site and I realise I was out of order. By way of an explanation, not an excuse, I was angry and upset about something upon which I had no control, found my children giggling over a silly word on your forum and blew my top. Later as things festered, I got more angry for having taken it out on my kids so my anger turned to you. I was wrong and I went completely OTT. Although I have some reservations of the adjective used to describe a style of playing I wish to apolgise unreservedly for my earlier comments. This IS a good, well run, site.

I have apologised to my children and I have offered them a day out, of their choice, as recompense. To you all I can just say SORRY.

Re: An Apology

Concerned Parent wrote:

Hello to All,

I have had two very nice messages from officers of this site and I realise I was out of order. By way of an explanation, not an excuse, I was angry and upset about something upon which I had no control, found my children giggling over a silly word on your forum and blew my top. Later as things festered, I got more angry for having taken it out on my kids so my anger turned to you. I was wrong and I went completely OTT. Although I have some reservations of the adjective used to describe a style of playing I wish to apolgise unreservedly for my earlier comments. This IS a good, well run, site.

I have apologised to my children and I have offered them a day out, of their choice, as recompense. To you all I can just say SORRY.

You were correct in being concerned for the welfare of your children. The Chordie website does not promote or avdocate content that is demeaning or has no merit. The Admin's & Mod's try their best to keep chordie clean and user friendly to the point of having a family oriented feeling and that's why so many persons join chordie.com With that said there are times when losers post offensive web addressed and those who get feathers ruffled because you don't like the same kind of strings you play. But all in all we try to pull the weed before it grows wild. One more thing to keep in mind is that chordie is international, as Chuck Berry put it "I met a German girl in Italy who went to school in France and we danced together in Mississippi (USA) at an alpha capa dance. Bottom line what one verse of language from one country may come across as krass or rude when in fact in the context of the word in that country may not be offensive.

Hope it is clear as mud and you continue to enjoy chordie.

Bootlegger,
Bootlegger guitars.

Good to see a parent being a parent...

C.P.,

I gladly accept your apology and welcome you back to Chordie. We all are here to aquire knowledge and to share the knowledge we've aquired. Please don't hesitate to ask if there's anything we can do for you and yours.

Peace and Guitars,
SouthPaw41L

Give everything but up.

If there's a better term for sitting at home and playing with yourself, I don't know what it is.

The guitar, people!   The guitar!

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Concerned Parent, glad that all is well.  Like other users have stated, the Moderators and Administrators on the chordie forum strive to keep it useful, entertaining, and informative.  We are proud to have participants of all ages from all over the planet.

Although some spam will occasionally appear, we take it down as fast as possible and ban the users who have posted the junk.  To my knowledge, we have never had to ban or suspend a regular user.  The spam comes from individuals who find an open forum, register & post their spam, and then are promptly banned.  Although this does not eliminate the problem, it makes it inconvenient for them to repeatedly access the site.

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

Same message, to join the club, by the way Boot where is Pico Rivera?
And yes there HAS TO BE different rules in 50 different States. It is incredible, the way you all stick together. Here in Europe we try too, but even in Dutch, some words in Belgium Dutch and Dutch in the Netherlands, are 100% different, SAME WORD

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

CP,
This site is full of concerned parents. We all do our part to try and keep this a clean site, but with any site there is always a chance that some trash can get through. As I do with my children; First they don't go on the enternet unless my wife or I am in the room, second, they can only go to sites that are pre-approved.

Not all languages are the same. For instance if you were to visit mexico and then visit Puerto Rico you'd here spnish, but just those two countries have different pronunciations of words as well as different meanings to the exact same words.
Even here in the South, Just the accent alone is of a great difference. So if you should happen to see a word, then try not to take offense to that word, yet try to read it in context.
Here is a word for you to see how many differences there are: "Bathroom".
Look for that one word and you can find better than a dozen words all meaning the same.

If you're not happy with what you have...
Then you'll never be happy with what you get...