Topic: BEST BEATLE SONG

This is very objective as topic. About taste an colour you can't discuss. About song structure, style and arrangements we can discuss easier, but than again CAN YOU COMPARE a song like PLEASE,
PLEASE ME me with A DAY IN A LIFE? Or SHE LOVES YOU with STRAWBERRY FIELDS?
You can't.
So, maybe it is amazing to see that as far I know that the songs written by George Harisson are ranked very high.
- Something
- Here comes the sun
- while my guitar gently weeps
I still can't understand that George writing such songs, had only a little input, because it was all LENNON/McCARTNEY.
- yesterday, a tricky song, more difficult to play than to listen.
- let it be
- Norwegian wood.

It is up to you fellow chordians to share thoughts on this topic, and I really want to see your opinion. It shall be more complex than thought, because in my humble opinion, they reinvented themselves almost on every album, the fascination of their evolution.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: BEST BEATLE SONG

Across The Universe

Lyrically, musically,descriptive of culture, and just down right beautifully cool. This is my all-time personal favourite Beatles tune.

Give everything but up.

Gawd, this is a toughie. So many to choose from.

I'd probably plump for Yesterday or Let It Be. Although, Brown Shoe, Taxman and Norwegian Wood would run 'em close. smile

Craig.

Blind acceptance is a sign, of stupid fools who stand in line.  John Lydon.

'Mod' is a shorter word for 'young, beautiful and stupid' - we've all been there." - Pete Townshend.

My favorite Beatles tune is "Lady Madonna", all Beatle tunes
are good.

.... Badeye.

one caper after another

How could you possibly choose from so many?
I can't. smile

aka ......   Boxer Petal....<3

Something.

(Other George songs I consider George solo, even though they were Beatles tracks.)

[url]www.freerice.com[/url]

Come Together or While my guitar gently weeps,

ShadyWilbury, I have noticed that your taste and conviction is similar to mine. George is one of the most underestimated song writers, as guitar player too. Do you think that Eric Clapton would have played with George when he should be a lousy guitar player?
About a hard topic, it is a very difficult one, their songs are evolving every album. It is IMPOSSIBLE TO COMPARE "She loves you, yeah, yeah" with a song like "LET IT BE" That song is on one of the lists called the best Beatle song. Boxer you really did me a favour answering here, because I have the same feeling. About albums, most people write the "White Album" after asking the best Beatles Album. The beatles are for me not ONE band, but a dozen of bands, just see their evolution. I really don't know other groups who can tell this. The WHO, is still the WHO, and back in the sixties, you were or a BEATLES or a STONES fan. The STONES have great songs, but you can't compare them with the Beatles

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

I AM THE WALRUS! It is my absolute favorite song. It is pretty phsycodelic!!!!

EVERYONE'S LOOKIN' AT ME WEIRD, BOB.

~~random~~ wink

"yellow mater custard, dripping from a dead dog's eye"....what a great line.

I'm not a Beatlephile, but I want to vote anyway--While my Guitar Gently Weeps...love that song.  I'll throw Paperback Writer a vote too...love the guitar riff in that one.
Frank.

25Frankster wrote:

"yellow mater custard, dripping from a dead dog's eye"....what a great line.

I'm not a Beatlephile, but I want to vote anyway--While my Guitar Gently Weeps...love that song.  I'll throw Paperback Writer a vote too...love the guitar riff in that one.
Frank.

Yeah, I love Paperback Writer too. While My Guitar Gently Weeps is amazingly awesome.

EVERYONE'S LOOKIN' AT ME WEIRD, BOB.

~~random~~ wink

the acoustic version of while my guitar gently weep is the most beautiful song I know

it's on one of the anothologies, i think 3 but i'm not sure

I like "In My Life" and "A Day In the Life"... I love it for the lyrics and the music. They are just overall great songs.

Across The Universe, Julia, Dear Prudence...all tied for number 1

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

to me the best songs were,julia it was about johns  mother,she was killed when he was young.and ,in my life,were just about the best ones.

here's to us and those like us,damn few of us left.

I liked "Eleanor Rigby". My absolute favourite. "Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite", "A Day In The Life", "Across The Universe" and "Fixing A Hole" run close though. tongue

Jikklop

The Irish gave the bagpipes to the Scots as a joke, but the Scots haven't got the joke yet.

17 (edited by slohand 2008-01-18 02:50:18)

Taxman,  it has that funky beat that you wouldn't expect from the beatles

"We don't like their sound.  Groups of guitars are on the way out."

Decca Records rejecting the beatles in 1962

I have no idea what would be my favourite beatles song, I dont even think I could shortlist it to 3 never mind 1 or 2.

ermmmm, na I dont know, so many great ones, if I chose one I might change my mind.

but in the list would be
Yesterday, let it be, seargant pepper's lonely heart club band, and your bird can sing, hard days night, hey jude, all you need is love.

my favourite might not even be in that list ,lol

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

The one I like to play the most  on acoustic is Rocky Racoon and While My Guitar Gently Weeps.
The Beatles songs are tough to play, and you kinda get renewed respect when trying to play alot of their songs.

Wayne

Later, Wayne P

Fool On The Hill,
Only A Northern Song,
The Long And Winding Road,
Because,
Across The Universe,
Your Mother Should Know,
We Can Work It Out,
Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds,
I'm Only Sleeping,
Maxwell's Silver Hammer...

...I give up, they're all good.

All I know is I feel better when I sing.
Burdens are lifted from me.
That's my voice rising.

Tough to pick from so many.Around the ole campfire there are tons played but I guess my fav would be Hide Your Love Away.Everybody just loves jumping in on the Chorus
KAP54 smile

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

KAP54 wrote:

Tough to pick from so many.Around the ole campfire there are tons played but I guess my fav would be Hide Your Love Away.Everybody just loves jumping in on the Chorus
KAP54 smile

Yeah, that too, I love the start of the Anthology version.

All I know is I feel better when I sing.
Burdens are lifted from me.
That's my voice rising.

Revolution is sweet. . .one of the few Beatles tunes that has a hard rock sound to it.  This isn't necessarily my favorite song of theirs, but then again how do you choose just one?

"A steering wheel don't mean you can drive, a warm body don't mean I'm alive"
Switchfoot

KAP54 wrote:

KAP54 smile

Also Norwegian Wood, Here Comes the Sun and Blackbird are good sing alongs.

I'm partial to Day in the life, Back in the USSR and the what used to be side 2 of Abbey Road: Because to The End.

That's alright, I got my guitar
-Jimi Hendrix

This is a hard question,I would have too say Blackbird is my favorite song. Abby road is my favorite Album. Guitar phil I am glad too see someone else out here gives george some credit.In the sixties he was voted best guitarist several times. John and paul would only allow him one or two songs per album.In a bio  it was noted he was the one most glad about thier breakup,as he could put his own songs out.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman