Topic: New Song Loaded on MySpace page

Grey Skies - Acoustic is now up on my page. I broke down and went to my friend's house and recorded this in his home studio. He has loads more experience at recording and he is very particular on getting it right so this has taken quite a while. Stop by and have a listen and if you like it feel free to download the song.

http://www.myspace.com/stilljeffgilpin

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Re: New Song Loaded on MySpace page

Did you overdub your vocals and is that you playing the keyboard? Your guitar sounds wonderful. This is a very high quality recording, nicely done. I like the song, the arrangement, the dynamic, shoot I like it all. You should be very proud of this.

Toney

Give everything but up.

Hey Toney - I would like to take credit for all of it but for this I just did the singing and my friend Mike Trella arranged, played all the instruments and made it what it is. I just had to worry about the singing this time which was enough and took a good long while to get down and synced up and yes I overdubbed the vocals as was the harmony.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Heh Jet,

I will be giving the tune a listen to when I get home from work and will post you later.
Peace

I was here just a minute ago!

Hi Jeff,

I tried to post this yesterday but my modem went on strike.

Jeff that is a wonderful recording, and although the music was not played by you this time, you now know how to do it for the next one. Overlaying tracks means that you can have more than one guitar/instrument playing and you are able to sing your own backing/harmonies. I was very impressed with the recording, not forgetting it was a pretty fine song too.

I hope you realise you have now set yourself a standard to keep up to in the future lol.

Thank you,

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Jeff,

A fine song regardless. Your vocals are very solid and my compliments to the musician playing the guitar and keyboard. It's nice to hear a recording with a human feel. By that I mean the absence of sequenced music and drums is nice. Too many people these days are over-using the computer generated crud and to hear human voice and human hands playing their instruments is refreshing. The world needs more of it.......Nice song, thanks again for sharing.

Peace and Guitars,
Toney

Give everything but up.

beautifully performed jeff i really like it.

Don't Cry because it is over...

smile because it happened.    Gabriel GarcĂ­a Marquez

8 (edited by jets60 2007-12-08 15:54:21)

Thanks you all.

Roger, you are right. I've just raised the bar for myself here so no halfway recordings from now on.

For those of you who are interested, Mike Trella is the musical talent on the song as well as the man behind the curtain who got it polished. He is one of my friends on my myspace link above and he also plays with Politicks who I've mentioned here before and are also friends on my page. Please have a look and listen to their music as well if you get the chance.

Oh yeah, the finished version of Grey Skies is up on my page now too.

Toney - I know you will likely prefer the acoustic version but I think both are pretty good as he didn't skimp on the backing. Drums, bass and lead guitar are all played from the actual instruments and not synthesized from a box.

J  E  T  S

Hey Jeff well done !!!! I was taken off guard when the drums hit and I swanny I hear John Lennon in your voice just twang it out a little..very,very nice
marcalan

I thought ; If I had one idea,
and took it from beginning to end.
I would try another.

Jeff,

You're wrong!!! I prefer the electric version! That's some saaaa-wheeeet drummin'. Don't get me wrong, I like the acoustic as well but the dynamic with the drums is moving. Very catchy tune. Keep at it, persue, and push your product. Protect it (copywrite) and send it to local radio stations. It's good man, 4 REAL!

Peace and Guitars,
Toney

Give everything but up.

So So good Jets!

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Thanks Lena -  I recorded Ayase Lullaby too in the same sitting so I should be putting that one up as well.

J  E  T  S