1 (edited by last_rebel 2007-12-09 22:15:43)

Topic: A finished version....

Thought I'd purty it up so I could print it. Jas, I would like to dedicate the message of these lyrycs to you, you come across as being rather beaten down by the world. Maybe it would mean something from somebody of the same age (even if it is one from the other side of the world) who's been through her share of hell in what I thought was a lifetime, but turned out to be a pretty small chunk of one.
I know its hard to see it sometimes, but nothing ever really stays the same forever. When you're down it feels like you'll always be down, and when you're up it feels like you'll always be up, but the truth is life is a bumpy road, full of highs and lows, goods and bads. Its gotta rain for the grass to grow, if you're walking forward on a mountain top, you've eventually gotta start going downhill. Its important to know who you are, and be content with who you are, so that you don't let the low times change who you are. Remember a time when you knew what you knew for certain, when you were at peace with life, and try to be that person even in the midst of all the bad stuff. Contentment is more a state of mind than liking your circumstances.
  SO, I say this: look for the simple pleasures in life, enjoy yourself as much as possible, laugh whenever you can and cry if you need to, but always remember who you are, and don't let the world make you something you didn't want to be.... oh and thanks for the last two verses by the way big_smile
  Anyhow, here's the song in a more organized format:

Chordpro error: This is not a valid artistname. You will have to specify an artistname in the form {st: Artistname} in the beginning of the code.

And eventually I'd like to have a solo somewhere in there, you know for an instrumental break. Something deep and swampy, but not TOO countryish....

All You Need is Love smile

Re: A finished version....

Well today the "younguns" came over to eat, (thats my name for our organists wife's two kids), so my room is one big  mishapen tent/clubhouse, I probly won't get it cleaned up for a week.... but oh well, I have to admit I enjoyed it too tongue.
Today I'm kind of sad for a little boy that goes to our church... when we scolded him for knocking a chair over he started hitting himself real hard in the head and when we asked him why all he would say was 'my daddy calls me a retard'... poor little fella.
Besides that though I'm doin' pretty good though, have to go on one of those akward youth fellowhips tonight, but I'm used to sundays being busy these days...
  Glad to hear you're feelin' better jas. Holler if you need sumthin,
                                                                                           LR

All You Need is Love smile

3 (edited by Tibernius 2007-12-09 22:54:19)

Nice song, I played the old version last week, sounds brilliant. I'd give you a hand with the solo if you want but I can't even PLAY the things let alone write them!

You sure you're only 17?  I know it's been said before but you are damn good!

I'd like a couple of minutes alone with the father of that little boy to explain why you don't call kids things like that!  Mind you if it was George Bush you  could understand it cool

Good one

I'm the son of rage and love

Hi Rebel,

Great song from you again, well done.

Thank you,

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"