1 (edited by weedjie 2007-12-23 01:42:21)

Topic: orphan boy

Hi guys ive breathed some life into this one!!
i done all wee chord boxes to display the asus4/c  and the way i play the other chords but it wont let me add the image, been through the chord charts on chordie and they dont have them listed. help

Orphan boy

Intro:  D     Dsus4    Asus4/C    D6sus7    D     Dsus4

D                         Asus4/c
I count my steps I walk alone
D6sus7               D     Dsus4
Lost my parents lost my home
D                        Asus4/C
Just an orphan wandering on
D6sus7              D       Dsus4 
Mother has left father is gone

Chorus:
G                      Em7         Cadd9
I never had the chance to see
G       Cadd9             Dsus4/E
If my father was like me
Cadd9   Em7              G
Just an orphan on the street
Cadd9            Em7      D     Dsus4   
Wondering if we will ever meet

D                  Asus4/C                                           
Orphan boy that’s what I am
D6sus7             D             Dsus4
An orphan boy trying all he can
D                   Asus4/C
In this world of winding paths
D6sus7                    D       Dsus4
I keep on searching till the last

Chorus:
G                       Em7      Cadd9
Day to day and night to night
G               Cadd9       Dsus4/E   
Ill keep on searching till the light
Cadd9    Em7       G
Into        bars and alleyways
Cadd9     Em7   D    Dsus4
Ill keep   on for that day

D                   Asus4/C
When I meet mum and dad
D6sus7          D             Dsus4
They can see what they had
D                     Asus4/C
Orphan boy that’s all I am
D6sus7             D                 Dsus4
Trying the best trying all he can

Chorus:
G                      Em7         Cadd9
I never had the chance to see
G       Cadd9             Dsus4/E
If my father was like me
Cadd9   Em7               G
Just an orphan on the street
Cadd9            Em7      D     Dsus4
Wondering if we will ever meet

Don't Cry because it is over...

smile because it happened.    Gabriel García Marquez

Re: orphan boy

Weejie!

This is lovely Song, well Done!

It reminded me of this one i used sing about 99 years ago lol

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=XnTXkHhcYJQ

Have a listen.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

hi weedjie this reminds me of "nobodys child"a lovely song well done...stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

thanks guys ill post some chords n stuff when i can play my guitar!

It's a bit of a downer when someone says "that sounds like ..." I don't think Old Doll meant it in a nasty way though, I just wanted to say that I've let people hear a couple of my songs, and that's the response I got...deflating!
Have you written many songs before? and I'm a little bit worried when you say you'll post some chords when you can "play your guitar"...have you hurt your hand? or don't you play already? If not, don't worry, the guitar is easy to learn, and there's always someone willing to work the chords out for you, record the song [vocal only] and up-load it to someone you can trust.
keep on keeping on

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

thanks phil i damaged my `johnny cash ` middle finger at work so i cant play its such a pain, i have written a few songs and played them , only been learning guitar for a year now and i am coming on so my friends say. but the biggest thing for me is not that my stuff may sound like someone else b(ecause its really hard to write stuff that hasnt already been done by someone else) but to get the stuff in my head out onto a platform were people can hear what i am doing, which can be a struggle but is very rewarding.
old doll has done this with another song i wrote i guess we must has the same sort of music likes or maybe she can see simialarities in my stuff to others that have produced the goods.
thanks again for the encouragement it means a lot.

WeeJie,

Re! Phil Williams.!  My comment was never meant to deflate you! In actual fact One word "Orphan" in your song
connected me to The one i posted from you tube. I am so long singing and  learning songs, its impossible for me
not to connect them.
Weejie i can assure you this WAS meant as a compliment. I read nearly everything  in the" Song Writing section"

If i was only here to deflate  you  or anyones work. Then i reckon  im a very sad case indeed!   Weejie! only i know in this situation this is not  true. I always write honestly whats in my head. " Gosh why do  i feel like i am defending
myself here"
I guess when you put the melody to your song it will be unique! For you personally, I sincerely hope its sung as long as the  old one i posted.  Dont be deflated if i or anyone else says it reminds them of another famous song.
To be  classed in the same league as famous songwriters is indeed a compliment. Be proud of all your
creative ability..There are Brilliant musicians here in chordie who have in past post said "They wouldn't even know
where to start with writing a song. I do try to  encourage people in all walks of life "You weejie are no exception!

Sincerely,

Old Doll.

Hey WeeJie -  I like it a lot. It reminds me of a poem I read back in college by William Blake called The Chimney Sweeper in his collection Songs of Innocence. Can't wait to see the chords.

http://www.poetry-online.org/blake_the_ … weeper.htm

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

i know you werent trying to deflate me old doll and i wasnt deflated your comments are always so kind and encouraging so stop defending yourself lol. i like when people relate stuff to other stuff it means a connection has been made and thats my goal.

Now I feel like a rat!!! I am so sorry Old Doll, I didn't mean to have a go at you, I only joined yesterday [and all my troubles...] yes well?
I threw this little verse together to say sorry

If I could smile, my smile would be kind
If I could heal, your heart I would find
Your sorrow I feel when no other can touch you
hear me and feel me
I'm here right beside you

Phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Hi Phil Williams!
We meet again so soon! ill be getting a name around these parts!

Every one here on the forum has the right to there opinion. You are no exception. I was maybe a wee bit sensitive to your comment, but i do try
to be honest and encourageing to all.

I hear you loud and clear!
I also thank you for your sensitive piece for me.
Welcome to Chordie. Enjoy enjoy!

Old Doll.