Topic: help me play

hey i am not so new to guitars and i still dont get half the stuff with like the chords and all so i would really appreciate it if i could get help...

LOVE KILLZ

2 (edited by Old Doll 2007-12-04 09:37:10)

Re: help me play

Fáilte Deearna,

from the Emerald, also To Chordie. You have no need to worry !step by step

These guys will take  you. You won't feel like a baby learning to walk for

Long.. Dont be confused when you read the Chordie Story?. Its only all the

NUTTERS" here having a good ole laugh.

Try reading some of the Old Post also. Tons of info there!

Have a blast.

Old Doll lol

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

and so he comitted suicide...

and the plot thickens..;)

you cant learn to play the guitar in 5 minutes.

I pity the fool!

i know it wont take 5 minutes..ive had my guitar for 3 years i know how to read MOST tabs and the chords are hard to remember..my guitar is a SX custom made,i get a mate to tune it but i would be grateful if i could do it myself and depending on what tune and mood am in i use a pick...please help me..any way you can..PLEASE

LOVE KILLZ

i know how to read tabs and chords but its all the confusing signs and symbols that make me feel queezy when playing and not knowing what they are...and what the different tunings at the begining of a song means... please anyone help me...

LOVE KILLZ

Deearna,

If you look in the acoustic section of the forums, you should be able to find quite a few resources about interpreting tabs. I remember Last Rebel posted quite a few pointers that seem to have helped out several people.

For anything that isn't in those posts, please provide a description about what you see on the tab that confuses you.

For the tuning, some songs or intrumental pieces require an alternate tuning than the standard guitar tuning EADGBE.

For example i recently learned a song by Kotaro Oshio that is tuned in open D, so on the tabs it would look like this

DADGAD
|        | |
V       VV

This means that from standard tuning, you tune down the 6th string to D instead of E (see the arrow pointing down?), the 2nd down to A instead of B, and the 1st down to D instead of E.

Good Luck.

J.