Topic: Rocket Ship Boy!

Howdy again, yall, im working on another fun song

This one's titled Rocket Ship Boy

It has an interesting back-story.

Awhile ago, i was going out with this one girl. And one day, as she was describing me to a friend of hers, she mentioned that I played the guitar. Now, this friend, for some reason, associated guitars with space ships.

Thus, i became Rocket Ship Boy.

I thought it would be interesting to write a song about one such Rocket Ship Boy, and here it is. Let me know what you think of it!

This is played with an electric, heavy distortion, set it to one of the neck pickups. Im going to write out the chords, but if you want me to tab it just ask.

Opening/ Riff A

|: F5 / / C5| G5 / / D5| A5 / / E5| F5 / / / neutral

Verse:

|: F5 / / / | C5 / / / neutral(2x)

|: G5 / / / | D5 / / / neutral(2x)

Riff A

Verse

Chorus:

|F5 / / /| C5 / / /| G5 / / /| D5/ / /|(2x)

Riff A

Verse

Chorus

Solo: i just improv over Riff A, D minor pentatonic

Verse

Chorus

Repeat chorus, fade

Anyway, thats the chords, very simple, not a lot of thought, but i kinda wanted this to be a fun, happy song, not a lot of meaning to it.

Here comes the lyric machine! dont really critique me on these, i kinda forced a few of them.

See him fly over the roof of your house

See him leave a trail of smoke in the sky

See him fly over the hills and mountains

See his spirit never die

C'mon now, lets go and see him

Do his tricks and amazing feats

You know that when things look grim

He'll cure your blues with his beats

Cause he's the

(rocket ship) the rocket ship boy

He'll never stop till he brings you joy

Cause he's the

(rocket ship) the rocket ship lad

He'll never stop till you aren't sad

Flying higher, higher still

Like fireworks in the sky

That's what he does, he lives to thrill

Till the crowds say "ooh, oh my!"

Cause he's the

He'll never stop till he brings you joy

Cause he's the

(rocket ship) the rocket ship lad

He'll never stop till you aren't sad

He bursts from the clouds with an ear pounding noise

Every person from miles around runs to him

From the Rio Grande to Chicago, Illinois

To see if his light will ever dim

Cause he's the

He does adverts for general mills

Cause he's the

If you ask he'll say he does them for thrills!

(repeat, fade)

Re: Rocket Ship Boy!

Hello WickedAxeofFury - I can just see the mosh pit throbbing and smell the dank aroma of spilled drinks and rampant hormones - I love it!  Hope that the new songwriters' site which will feature sound files comes online soon so I can hear what the melody and rhythm is like.

I've got a song or maybe two burbling - but nothing has quite crystalized yet.  Will also share when they are more together.  Keep the hits coming . . .!

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

Hello,

This is santosh from india. I'm learning guitar,i've just started learning from last month.I wanna become a music director,is it possible and how to write and compose songs on owm.please help me.

thanking u

Truly, you all flatter me. I'm going to set up a myspace when i get either better recording equipment (my current stuff is awful) or get a chance to get to a professional recording studio. I'll try to release an EP or something. we'll see.

And if you're looking to write your own songs, its really very simple. all you need is a teaspoon of music theory and a cup of creativity. Mix well, bake for 45 minutes at 500 degrees, and let cool. Serves millions.

Try writing out lyrics first and then thinking up music for it, and if that comes as too difficult, then write out the music first and think of lyrics next.

Personally, with me, it depends on the song. This one i wrote with the second method, and with Its Illegal To Carry Guns In Heaven i used the first method. I think my next song will be about a man from the 1950's trapped in the year 2007, and his adventures. The style will naturally have to be a Buddy Holly-ish rock n' roll peice. Ill notify 'yall when i get some work done on it.

And by the way, call me Anthony or Tony or whatever. WickedAxeOfFury is a bit of an inside joke between some mates of mine and i.