Re: What kind of guitar do you have?

Basses - An Ovation Magnum 3.  Ovation looked up the serial number for me.  I don't recall the exact year, but it was built in early '70s.  It's not a collector's item though as the big soapbox pickup is not original. 

Also a Yamaha fretless.  I don't recall the model, but it's a lower-end guitar that sounds good.  Ash body, rosewood fingerboard, Fender jazz style pickups.

Guitars: A Harmony somethingorother 3/4 size that I gave to my daughter.  A Yamaha G-55A beat to heck nylon string classical that is impossible to barre chord.  An Ibanez G10 electric.  Nice instrument, though low-end in their line.  Double cutaway, dual humbuckers.  Maple solid body (I think).  Sounds great in the hands of someone who knows how to handle a guitar.  It's pretty with a natural high gloss finish.  I just ordered a Yamaha F310 folk guitar.  Low-end as well, but I'm a low-end player. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I am a Guitarist newbie living in India .. Calcutta to be precise... ummm... can any1 suggest a good guitar i can start off with?? I know some chords and i have a weird guitar where there is like a 3 cm space between the fretboard and the strings and is supposed to b played with some kind of metal rod.. any idea??

53 (edited by delboy8 2007-09-03 21:34:19)

Hi im a newbie but i currently own 5 guitars at the moment some  good some not I have aGibson replica made by Lindo called the white angel Coz of its white and gold look,a black fender stratacaster made by encore, a a Jay Turser limited edition shark shaped electric guitar and my favourite a Jay Turser Electric Resenator the same make and colour as played by mathew bellemy from muse in plug in baby.

I also own a 4 string bass made by rockwalk.

I play all of them on a daily bassis as music is sooo relaxing.

I have a Blueridge BR-160. Anyone heard of them? It's a Chinese knockoff of a Martin, but great sounding and easy to play. j

In total I have 6 guitars but only play 3.

I Don't Play
-----------------

1 - Gretsch TW100 "Travelling Wilbury's" model. One of only 100 made apparently, signed by all the (then) surviving members of the Wilbury's. Only signature that wasn't on it was Roy Orbison's but it did have George Harrison's, who is now deceased so its shot up in price a fair whack. Just wait til Bob Dylan goes, there's another price hike.

2 - Gibson Les Paul, Cherryburst. Don't play this one either. Cost me a small fortune 6 years ago. However now my dad refuses to let me have it back and he lives in the Scottish Higlands now so I have no way of reposessing it...Just wait til me old man pops his clogs, i'm stealing it back!

3 - Gibson ES335 that me and my dad went halves on but once again, he gets to keep as he can't play the guitar and i'd be too tempted to get my grubby mits on it at every given opportunity!

I Do Play
------------

1 - Epiphone Les Paul, lovely guitar, my latest purchase

2 - Westfield 'Les Paul' Goldtop. My very first guitar I actually played. Its not bad, didn't cost much and did the trick. Wouldn't be too shabby if I could be bothered to put some better pickups in it.

3 - Bell & Head Extreme Headless Guitar. I purely bought this for the purposes of 80's throwback fun! I'll try find a link to a picture. It has no headstock and a floyd rose (which I still haven't been bothered to set up properly and i've had it since March) Lovely looking little thing and weighs next to nothing but not a playable guitar really. Besides, me and floyd rose systems don't go together well, i've snapped ALOT of strings messing around with it!

Next purchase
-----------------

1 - An SG style guitar, mate of mine has a "Vintage" SG that was pretty cheap but sounds lovely, bit neck-heavy though.

2 - Jackson Randy Rhoads signature in White with the Gold Pinstripes

3 - BC Rich of some sort, not even sure if i'd play it because i'd feel like a pretentious prick if I did but for sheer variety in my ever expanding collection it would be nice to have, even just to look at.

I have an Ibanez AEL20E, and a Peavy raptor electric. Hopefully in the very near future i will be adding a breedlove to my collection. You can never have to many guitars.

57 (edited by hazenk 2007-11-01 13:47:08)

Just received my Breedlove AD25/SR plus and man, it is everything I had hoped for. Been bangin' on a Taylor Big Baby in the meantime which also provides a sweet little sound and is an excellent "roadtrip" guitar. The action on the Breedlove is just plain sweet. Can't wait to plug it in! Some kind of sound system is next!

Hazen

I have a Peavy Rapter plus (autographed by Charlie Daniels)..an original model takamine 12 string I purchaced in the late 60's. I also have a 1970 black flying V bass. I also have a handmade (late 1800's) italian mandolin that sounds great.

I've got a Peavey Predator EXP Plus.  I like it but would like an acoustic to put next to it!  Or maybe a LP copy or something.  I really don't know!

x

I'm the son of rage and love

man, reading about all your guitars is incredible----
My main acoustic is a Carvin, I also have a Simon Patrick Cedar that has a great tone.
I picked up a cheap electric a few months ago just to putz around on--it's a washburn maverick series.  Good looking guitar but the pick up's are ummmm....shouldn't talk bad about my guitar, so I'll just say they could be better.  Don't think it's worth upgrading so I'll just hold out for my PRS.
Love my Carvin, but a laravee would be nice.....
Saint Anger, a friend of mine just got a T-5 and absolutely loves it--very cool insturments.

I have a Gretsch 5120, and a cheap Ibanez Strat.  The Gretsch sees most of the action.

"There's such a fine line between genius and stupidity."
                              --David St. Hubbins

ive got an epiphone sg cause im only a starter but when i get into guitar my dad will get me a second hand les paul or strat

Most of what I play can be seen by following my signature... Now if I could only play them lol

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

I have a Martin HD-35 and a Martin D-16RGT

65 (edited by Guitarpix 2007-11-20 20:25:06)

Well I just added a '95 Simon and Patrick Pro Quilted Maple to the collection....I guess I should go tell the wife I bought it...  Well maybe not, there's no use in getting yelled at untill I have it here to console me...lol

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

I am sorry to bother but I am first time over here and I need an answer if anybody can give me. I am guitar player and  would like to play like one man band, if you know what I mean. I need a background music without voice etc. so I can play guitar and sing with complete virtual band behind me. I do have a 12 string Ovation and 6 string Fender electric guitar, and I have a laptop too. Please advise me what to buy yet inexpensive. I had an offer from the bar here in Mediteranean (Croatia) and the money is good so I'd like to try. Thank you : )

I've got a Martin D1R and a Rickenbacker 650 (and a 3/4 sized Don Pablo that I bought in Puerto Rico for $50).

Mine are as follows:

Taylor 810 6 str acoustic

Taylor Leo Kottke 12 string

Baby Taylor - cedar top

Godin EXT 22-s electric

Ovation 12 string, circa 1973

As you can see I took a liking to Taylors.....Love Collings, old Gibsons and Martins

contessa brand. Its old.

I pity the fool!

Ovation Celebrity CC057

Conn C-9 acoustic (mid 70s) - sounds great for what it is

if your gona get a guitar to start on get a alverez.

Bobaflex kicks some!!!!!

72 (edited by twangman 2007-12-29 21:54:39)

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/8740/1000617gt6.th.jpg
Fender 62 strat. had it since new

Alvarez PD-90
Alvarez RD20SC
Valencia 3/4 classical
Fender Squier Strat HH Trans
Fender Strat SRV

ACOUSTIC

Gibson J50 (1966)
    Takamine Jasmine

ELECTRIC

Fender MIM Strat (1994)

Fender Nashville Power Telecaster (2004)

Fender Fat Telecaster MIM (1995)

Fender Special Edition Custom Telecaster FMT HH set neck (2006)

Traveler Speedster Travel Guitar (2006)

G & L  ASAT Classic Bluesboy  (2006)

Fender strat, yamaha FG401 , Espana 335 Gibson copy.  will get my martin some day when I save enough money.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman