Topic: Naming your guitar

Does anyone name their guitars? Seems to me that most people do. I've named one of my three, but 1 I haven't had long enough and another nothing stands out too much on it, so it'll be named later in life. So if you fellow chordians named your guitars, what's the name, guitar, and why?

You have to forget about what other people say; when you're supposed to die, when you're supposed to be lovin'. You have to forget about all these things. You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven.
                                                        -James Marshall Hendrix

Re: Naming your guitar

Hey etc,

Its a bit unfair to ask folks to name their guitars when you have not done so yourself lol. So spill the beans what have you called yours?

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Roger,
Pardon the french, but the only guitar I've named is named Bitch. Named because it looks like one now but hopefully after some restoration it'll play like one. No idea what kind it is

You have to forget about what other people say; when you're supposed to die, when you're supposed to be lovin'. You have to forget about all these things. You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven.
                                                        -James Marshall Hendrix

Hi etc,

I see now why you were a little reluctant to tell us the name of your guitar but treat her kindly and she might become your Angel.

My Fender acoustic is simply my 'Old Gal'

My green strat copy is my 'Mean Green Music Machine' (a mouthful I know)

Russell I suggest you raise a thread on the Chat Corner about your MySpace problems and maybe someone will be able to help you I am at a loss I'm afraid.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Hey roger, my 2 guitars are named paul and greta. Don't ask me why it was the first thing that came to my mind when i got them.

~Jonathan~

I named my les paul custom silverburst "Reon"...

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

I have the 'junkert', kind of an east texas word for a crappy old car, but it seemed appropriate. Haven't named my new takamine yet, guess I ought to come up with something....
I've noticed alot of guitars with female names.... interesting. Being a female player I've always associated my guitars with a more masculine persona.

All You Need is Love smile

Last Reb, Takamine's are sweeeet

Maybe it's just ppl like to name their guitars after the opposite sex?

-James Marshall Hendrix

9 (edited by mrjay 2008-01-03 02:33:16)

Russell_Harding wrote:

roger i call mine "sweetheart" it just came about off the top of my head and ive been doing it erver since altho i dont know why on another subject i have really messed up my profile page and i dont know how to correct it,i contacted my space and they said they would look into it that was three days ago the problem is i put a slide show on and it threw off the page allignment  so i went to delete it in the band members area and cool chasers had installed there codes for the theme and layout design i deleted cool chasers codes and i thought the slide show would go with it and i could start from scratch. but Noooooo it still remains so i deleted the show from slide .com but its still there and the page is still screwed up i cant think of any alternative but to delete myspace account and start from scratch.any ideas?

Lol. That's my guitar's name as well. She's a Guild GAD-50E in amber sunburst. What's yours?

Naming guitars??  Are you guys totally unhinged??  Excuse me, I've just seen a spec of dust on Bluey so I must clean her up immediately.

John

my acoustic is named Jeffy. I just thought of it when I got it... my electric is "Blaze"

How come we forget what we want to remember, and remember what we want to forget??

Me and my guitars are like a big Mormon family. I love each of the 14 guitars equally, but none of them has a name. Naming your guitars does have an advantage: If you and your friends take your guitars to a party, you can call yours when you're ready to leave.

Hint: Guitars usually gather around a strong amp in the bathroom, and talk about us in hushed voices... I know! I've seen them!

Play on.

For the first six months I called my guitar *%#@!! &%#$!

I have since apologized, and hope to be back on speaking terms soon.

Just play

Hi Oldnewbie ,
     So , how do you pronounce that one ?????
     I only have one guitar with a name . Black ES-330 copy that everyone at jams has always called
" Blackie "and I guess the name stuck ....go figure....

" Just reading the lyrics , it's hard to hear the song , but if the words tug at the heartstrings......it's enough for now........... "

I'd rather not repeat the words in mixed company!  smile

Suffice to say that if I had been called that, I would have sounded like crap, too!

Just play

I  have  an  accoustic  that  I  call  ding.  First  six  months  that  was  all  the  tone  I  was  making  from  it ,and  I  kept  bumpin  the  headstock  ,so  ding  really  jus  seemed  to  fit  ya  know.

I call my fender acoustic Etta,{Blues singer Etta James},and
my Hondo acoustic Ruby.{Red sunburst}.my cats name is Moe.

...Badeye.

one caper after another

I have a martin dr so i decided that I would call it "The Doctor"

I,ve named mine after the the major women in my life. Krista, Gina, Renee, Michelle, Emily, Diane, and Dawn.

Peace Love & Rock'n Roll

my broken washburn with a big dent from the door is named kurt.lol.

tongue:P:P:P:P

My guitar is called Duster, its a Jay Turser Dreadnought. Not the greatest company but it does the trick! Personally a guitar should be a name of the opposite sex but I like all the universal names more.

Well since I am new to this I guess I should give mine names insted of numbers or at least thats what I am gathering from you guys.

A bad Day of playing Guitar is Better Than A Great Day at Work anyway you look at it.

Well where i'm from we call a dog a dog. So i named my acoustic Takamine (Jasmine) and my electric Ibanez(Nezzy). They never answer when i call them though. They always make me do all the work. Haha!

24 (edited by GoodbyeBlueSky 2008-12-02 19:55:20)

My acoustic is Arienette,

My electric doesnt have a definite name yet,

It's sometimes called Jetsabel, and sometimes Padraic.

And I named my dad's acoustics too...

The nylon string is Laura,

And the steel string is Laurent.

-Kerry-

All I know is I feel better when I sing.
Burdens are lifted from me.
That's my voice rising.

I have no names for my guitar.  But here is a great clip of BB King telling the history of his guitar, Lucile. 

Eric

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGsvAMRFivo