Topic: THE FRESHMAN

THE FRESHMAN

The Freshmanby gitaardocphil

intro

[A][A] [A7][A7][D] [D] [Adim] [A]

[A]30 years ago[A] maybe[A7]more[D]I was a med[Adim]school freshman a[A]freshman[E]a freshman[A]

[A]my dad gave [A]me money[A7]but [D]never[Adim]enough, I was[A]a fresh[E]a freshman[A]

[A]my intentions[A]were good[A7]I stud[D]ied too[Adim]much, never[A]enough[E]as freshman[A]

[A]it felt like I was[A]used, neg[A7]lecting[D]my own[Adim]intentions very[A]soon[E]but as a freshman[A]

[E]I want break[E]my pen[G]cil into[D]thousand pieces[A]and throw [E]away

[E]telling fairy[E]tails far a[G]way from[D]the truth I lied[A]to my dad[E]anyway.

[E]I left my place[E]my study[G]room to[D]see the big bad[A] world[E]in the dark

[E]I visited some[E]smoky bars[G]shadows[D]talking all[A]together[E]I didn’t understand

[A]in this shadow[A]dancing[A7]fog bar[D]a bright[Adim]light came to[A]me the[E]freshman[A]

[A]this big bright[A]star was [A7]a girl[D]not from Ip[Adim]anema but [A]a local one to[E]see the freshman[A]

[A] I was confused[A]the music[A7]loud[D]difficult to[Adim]talk and I no[A]ticed piercing[E]eyes[A]

[A]the music stopped[A]the talking[A7]too[D] the shadows[Adim]changed in[A]angry faces[E]with killing eyes[A]

[E]she said lets go[E]. We runa[G]away as[D]fugitives high[A]ranked on the[E] most wanted list

[E] as a slow river[E]my venal [G]blood slo[D]wed down, [A]to keep my fa[E]ce blank and white

[E]this reflex, that [E]slowing[G]down I hold[D]my breath[A]to avoid a mis[E]ty cloud, that’s right

[E]It was so cold[E]I heard that[G]noise from[D]rhythmic feed[A]to hunt us[E]down, that’s jealousy.

[A] Using all of my [A]will to[A7]keep us[D]very still[Adim]we could escape[A]she and me[E] the freshman[A]

[A]oh what a night[A]it didn’t [A7]feel right[D]the out[Adim]side world I want[A] my pencil back[E]as freshman[A]

[A]we arrived at home[A] sitting[A7] cross leg[D]ged on[Adim]the wooden noisy[A] floor she[E] me the freshman[A]

[A]in a light filled room[A] I realised[A7]how beau[D]tiful she[Adim] was,my [A]face turned red[E]I’m a freshman[A]

[E]she came to me[E]she was[G]undressed[D]a dream of you[A] and me together[E]is it true, is it real,

[E]I had a little love[E] before but[G] now I'm back[D] for more I [A]spoke with her no[E] empty words,

[E]she even took her[E]picture book[G]a way to know[D]her better[A] her fingertips so [E]soft moved around to stop

[E]an angel voice said[E]look that[G]one's my mother[D]that one's[A]my father and[E] one well, that's me

[A]the things she showed[A]seemed so[A7]alive[D]I felt tears[Adim]in my eyes[A] me still[E] a freshman[A]

[A]I looked at her, she[A]looked at[A7]me a blurry[D] sight,[Adim]wet eyes, her[A] lips on[E]mine, the freshman[A]

[A]she whispered softly[A]the nicest [A7]words if you[D]need some[Adim]one let it be[A] me I love[E] you my freshman[A]

[A] because I don't care[A] who you are, [A7] what you’ve [D]done just [Adim]as long as you[A] love me,[E] my freshman[A]

[E]Return to your[A] home[E]finish your unfinished[A] business you can[E] use one of my he[A]art rooms

[E]please[D] return to[A] study [E] we’ll [D]meet [A]again, we [D]are two[E] becoming [A]one.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: THE FRESHMAN

Well friends, another attempt.
Melody 8/10, since years hidden, and this is so strange, there it is, unexpected, no lyrics.
I was busy a long time, and still: no satisfaction.
There were some topics about the difficulty of switching chords, well try this one.
Let's switch again, oh yeah, let's switch.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Hey Phil - I think I would have to hear it to get or understand how you mean for your song to sound but I do like the chord progression you have here, especially the A7, to D to Adim ...nice. The story told by your lyrics is one I can relate to both as a former freshman of sorts and a father of 2 former freshmen.

Thanks for putting this out for us.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

thanks, every critic is welcome, that's still the best way to learn.
I think that one of my mis-calculations is to try writing lyrics, to complicated.
I took me very long this one, but Lyrics will be easier, funnier even stupid.
Yes the structure, all the CHORD_SWITCHING IS RATHER COMPLICATED.
I think it is just to show you chordians that I know a lot of chords and able to play them real easy, I switch very fast, and it gets more complicate.

Hi Lieven

Lyrics are spot on, don't have my guitar on me at the moment but when I do I'm gonna play your song!

Cheers

I'm the son of rage and love

hi phil another lovely song with feeling well done,....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool