Re: "Anti-Gravity Waltz" a dance tune for skeptics

Oooops,

With red face and very embarrassed I can now see how you could mis-read my post. However in my naivety I did not even think of this so I am claiming complete innocence Toney.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Have just posted a recording of "Anti-Gravity Waltz" to my MySpace page.
Hear it here:
http://www.myspace.com/r200james 

I also made some minor adjustments/additions to the lyric and have updated the original posting of this song.

Roger Guppy was kind enough to send me a dandy backing track for this song - but I have learned that my skill at keeping a steady beat needs more practice.  So, I hope to use the backing track as soon as I can tame my rhythmic beast.

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

another excellent song. i don't know how you keep doing it

Cool!  Checking out James' site, I also got to see a couple other Chordians.  Doc looks a whole lot different than I figured.  I'm guessing it's because my grandfather was Belgian and I subconsciously expect every Belgian man to look like my grandfather.   Lena's every bit as pretty and gentle looking as I'd have figured. 

Loved checking out the other songs, too.  Very cool.  Ashamed sounded nothing like I expected.  It was wonderful!! 

I can guess one thing, though.  I've probably been playing "The Country Life" completely wrong (or at least differently from the way James imagined it). 

It was fun seeing pictures of you folks.  I don't have a MySpace site, but if you're interested in seeing me pursuing some of my other passions (fishing and paddling), you can check out my picture site. 

www.picasaweb.google.com/halffastpaddler/     

I'm the guy with the salt & pepper goatee and chrome dome.   A lot of my friends and family appear in the pictures as well.  No art there, just snapshots and memories.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Nice photos Zurf,
I'd almost forgotten what grass and fresh streams looked like. I gotta get back home man!( southwest Virginia) Thanks for sharing the pics, that was refreshing.
SouthPaw41L

Give everything but up.

Zurf,

I havent seen that much fish or size of in years. Absolutely delightful pictures.

I may just take my greys and head there!  Still trying  to figure how you cast sitting down in those boats? Its something i could never do.
Have an invite to Ohio this year again ! Hmm  I think the rockies will have to wait!

Thanks for Sharing.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Lena darling, if you make it to Ohio, I want to know about it.  I've got a lot of Buckeye friends and can likely find nearby crash space to visit.  If it can work out, the very least I can do is buy you dinner and a drink for all the entertainment your songs have brought me.   Learning to cast from a kayak while controlling the boat is surely a challange, but a worthwhile one to me.  I have always loved fishing and paddling.  Combining the two brings an awful lot of pleasure to my life.   Playing guitar and singing by the campfire afterwards tops off the day.  Hard to beat.

Southpaw, the New River Valley is my favorite place in the world to be.  I went to Virginia Tech and graduated in '87.  I've been trying to get back ever since.  The New River is where many of the pictures were taken.  Some in Virginia near Blacksburg and Radford and some downstream a hundred miles or so in West Virginia near Hinton.  You are welcome in my campsite or my boat any time.  Open invitation.

- Zurf

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

Well Thank you Zurf,

I have great friends in Ohio. I was to go last Year but, unfortunately  lin the weeks prior  I got a suspected Bloodclot to my leg... So no long haul flights.

Yes, There's an open invitation in Ohio all year round for me. So Maybe this year?

Thank You for the invite. I will Keep your offer in mind.

Now please tell me what Buckeye friends are?

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

34 (edited by Zurf 2008-01-19 22:16:09)

People from Ohio are called "Buckeyes".  The Buckeye is a kind of nut tree that grows in abundance in Ohio.  That's what a Buckeye friend IS.  But you asked what they're for.  Mostly, I guess, they're for life.  Plus they always let me take their beer in camp, help me learn new songs, and generally good for treating me with every hospitality known to man (well, the decent ones). 

I can't promise that I can make it there if you come because it's a minimum of four hour drive to Ohio and as much as eight hour drive depending on where your friends are.  The point is that I want to know of it in case I can get away. 

- Zurf

Nice song James,

As expected a slightly different melody to what I came up with when I played it. Well done, you really are becoming an expert recording artist after your initial trepidations.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"