THE ROCKDOC

therockdoc gitaardocphil

PLAY THIS REALLY SLOW

[G] [G] [G] [C]

[C] I am Phil [E7] the guitardoc [Am] who likes to play [F] pop and rock

[C] but his words [G] couldn’t cross [C] the ocean

[C] and so he tried [E7] to play more funk [Am] or was it simply [F] punk

[C] I don’t know [G] it hit and crashed [C] an iceberg

[C] so is it goodbye [E7] song [Am] and frozen [F] too [C] just [E7] like [Am] me

[F] I’m not like [C]the Tit [G]anic ‘cause [F] I’m free [C] and alive

[C] Because I’m [E7] Phil the rock [Am] I won’t give up [F] my guitar play

[C] I waited just for [G] stronger wind [C] to cross the ocean

[C] some seagulls [E7] helped, no not [Am] brand ‘cause I love [F] Martin

[C] the song landed [G] in New York town [C] all alone, all alone

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: THE ROCKDOC

Hi Lieven,

Nice little song you have there. I love the chord progression although for me I added an extra G at end of the 2nd, 4th, 6th and 8th line to break the C continuing fron one line to the next.  I am not critising but it suited my fingerpicking and the melody I put to it.

Well done,

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

ROG, BIG BRO, you are write, I play this sequence A LOOOOOT.
I believe that you can find back in Imagine, and ALL TIME FAVOURITE LYRICS.

examplexxx

[F] you may .. [G] I'm a drea... [C] but I'm [E7] not the ... one

I DON'T KNOW IF I CAN WRITE ONE "EXISTING  PHRASE?
Just ment to show how great changes C chord to he E7 chord are

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

You are 100% correct BRO, but even worse is the fact that this "tune" is one of my better melodies and there I use ALWAYS a G, in the chord sequence. It  was a "quicky, instant song" with on the second line, in fact all the lines a G to end

the rock docgitaardocphil

[C] [G][C] [G]

but his words couldn't cross the ocean

THIS Big BRO, are the chord sequences I always use. Don't have a clue why I forgot to place them at the end of a line. Probably because it took me 10 minutes, and sitting in a "bad" position. It had to be posted fast.
I am glad you noticed it.
About the lyrics, I played this song more instrumental with lalala lyrics.
When I wrote the lyrics yesterday, I used "instant" words, it took me  10 minutes to write down the words and the proper chords.