Topic: BOSS Stomp Pedals

Does anyone use these pedals for their rig set up?  I've seen them and have been wanting to try them out but I have no clue if you just plus your guitar line into them and then run another line into your amp or what?  Also, what do you set your amp to to get the sound effect from just the pedal?

Electric:  Gibson Les Paul Studio, Schecter Omen 6, PRS SE Custom
Acoustic:  Fender Talman, Yamaha
Amp:  Fender Super Champ XD/Line6 Spider III 75

Re: BOSS Stomp Pedals

Tim,

The stomp boxes are pretty easy to use.  Yes, you plug your guitar into the input and plug the output to your amp.  A typical configuration would include (but not limited to): Chromatic Tuner > Reverb > Flange > Distortion > Chorus...etc..   These boxes are not in any order, so others may have more inputs.  If you are planning on using multiple boxes, get yourself a pedal board with a power supply chain.  This way, you only need one electrical plug for all your boxes. 

Good luck!

I use and love Boss pedals. Here's how i run mine;

Guitar>Boss tuner>Boss Compressor/Sustain>Boss EQ(for solo boost)> Boss Phase Shifter(spacey,chorus,flange,envelope filter,wah sound)>Boss EQ( leave on all of the time)>Boss RC20-XL Loop Station>Mackie unpowered mixer>Marshall 50Watt Soloist> Bose L1 Cylindrical Radiator Loudspeaker System (1,400 watts) or for smaller venues I'll use a Behringer 45 watt acoustic Amp instead of the Bose. Also, I use a DC power source
for my pedals (2) , I connect the tuner, comp/sus/eq,env.filt,and eq. I have a seperate power source for the loop. I like the reliability of the direct power source as opposed to batteries. My amps are set pretty much at 12 oclock and my EQ is adjusted from my mixer. The volume is dependent upon the size of venue I'm playing.
There's my secret formula for my live sound and I swear by Boss pedals. I've tried many different brands and I always find myself going back to my Boss pedals, They're durable, reliable, easy to operate, and sound amazing.

Give everything but up.

Cool thanks guys that helps alot ... one other thing I was wondering is which Boss Stomp helps "clean up" some of the background noise?  I didnt know which one does that.

That would be this one;

http://www.music123.com/Boss-NS-2-Noise … 5.Music123

Give everything but up.

Sweet ... that's exactly what I was looking for .... thanks South!

Yes, I have several Boss Pedals...I start with the Tuner TU-2 chromatic tuner and it has the PSA a/c adapter and PCS 20A cord to power the other pedals without having to use batteries. Then a CH-1 Chorus, DD-3 Delay, and OD-1 overdrive. I plan to get a Compressor/Sustainer next and then build a pedal board to keep em all togather...   you can go to   www.bossus.com  to see the product line up. I play mostly old rock, country, gospel, contemporary Christian, and Blues...these pedals pretty much give me any sound that I want. For metal or thrash might want a more aggressive distortion like the Boss MT-2 Metal Zone or the MD-2 Mega. Lots of choices...

Middleaged Redneck sorta guy who refuses to grow up...passion for music, especially Southern Rock but like bout everything cept Gangsta/Hip Hop. Collect guitars, mandolins, and love to ride Harleys.

What does the Chromatic Tuner do for you?  Same with Chorus, Overdrive, etc.?

Here's a good demonstration of the new smaller Boss looping pedal. I don't like the pre-recorded drums but those can be easily taken out.

http://www.bossus.com/gear/productdetai … rentId=128

Give everything but up.

Ahhhh so this one will record what you play?