Topic: The exit of the beep song

I deleted this song, because of too stupid.
- I am definitely not a song writer and it takes too much time to write and to post it.
- I had the melody, lyrics came later.
- Writing proper lyrics, it takes me 1 hour up to 3 hours
- Seeing my song, THE LYRICS = I am ashamed and it takes me an extra 30 minutes to correct words and chords.
- I prefer too read all the songs and lyrics, and this helps me a lot.
- I am also real busy to figure out how my BOSS BR 600 works, hoping that I can finally post a
song, without lyrics.
I STILL HAVE A LOT OF SONGS? BUT IT'S TOO COMPLICATED to translate, better to write a proper
song in WORD, to copy it and to post a song.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: The exit of the beep song

hi phil is'nt there some gadget or machine that can translate your song as you write it in your own language,also you dont need to win a race to post a song just take your time and like james said once relax and have some cookies and tea...stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

Don't know if this exists. I have plenty of tunes, even really catchy tunes, but this is for me TODAY not longer THE place to post a song.
- takes a lot of time
- I need to use less difficult chords
- AND I can't compete with the rest of you, so maybe later.
- I felt again last week quit spectacular and since that day, I can't almost do nothing. THE PAIN IS TOO BAD. Lost my sense of humour, can't stay right, even using my crouches, resulting in agaion a terrible pain in the articulation between my both thumbs and second finger. No stability, and I even don't leave my house since a few days. It's too risky. I will end up again in hospital probably and I even like to delete all my songs, I am not longer interested in posting songs, I can't think normal, I have a high tolerance limit, but I can't go on with my life like the last couple of days. My lyrics suck, they are already MELANCHOLIC, I just skip this "songwriting" forum.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

OK Doc . . . stop all this nonsense!
I saw your Beep song soon after it was posted but did not respond to it since I hadn't yet had time to read it through thoroughly or give it a bash.  Was hoping to enjoy it at my leisure . . . but now that is not possible.

There is no competition here - just a place to share our creations and hopefully be inspired in our creative efforts.  For me, the chordie forum is a lively source of ideas and entertainment - not an arena for trying to outdo each other.

I'm hoping your physicians can come up with a more effective pain-management plan for you.  And I'm hoping you will follow their recommendations . . . some of the most bull-headed, ornery, cantankerous, and difficult people I know are doctors!  They are naturally intelligent, driven, and competitive individuals who feel they have earned the right to not be told what to do . . .

Lieven, if I lived closer I would pop over to your house right away with some cookies and conversation . . . James

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

Hi Lieven,

James is 100% right. Writing songs is a disipline that needs practice and patience just like learning to play the guitar. All of us write some good stuff, some mediocre ones and some darn awful ones. OK Jeff and James produce a great number of songs but I would like to bet that they both have a lot of unfinished ones and others that they are not happy with. They have been writing for a long time and it is easier for them than it is for most of us but it is NOT a competition, it is supposed to be fun.

Yes it takes time, but so do most things that are worthwhile.
Why do you need to use less difficult chords? If the music calls for an obscure chord then so be it.
None of us are competing and often what one person does gives an idea or inspiration to another.

Maybe what you need to do is to find one that you like and spend time to work on it to get it as good as you can before posting it. Or post it for opinion and then revise it if neccessary. It certainly helps if you can record it so you can listen to it critically and see if it can be improved.

I will let you into a little secret here but don't let anyone else know. Nearly every song that I have put on Chordie I have sent to my two critics first, my ex-wife, Sue and Helena (Old Doll) and I get their opinions before I post it.

Another idea is if it is the lyrics that are a problem and you are happier writing the music why not ask someone to write lyrics for you. I have on a couple of occasions taken someone's poem and put music to it, that can be fun too.

And if I were closer I would be bullying you into using your Boss BR 600 and recording your stuff.

Take care,

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Very good advice and comments from previous posts. Now here's my take on the situation. Writing music is an internal release of artistic oxygen. It has to be let out and contrarily fresh material has to be absorbed. If one isn't getting the response from his/her peers that one feels as though they should, perhaps music is being created for the wrong reasons. Creating art is about pleasing the creator. If the maker of the art is happy and satisfied that's all that matters. Don't put so much importance on the approval, or lack thereof, one receives from his/her peers. Do what you do man. Here's a bit of my own poetry that hits real close to home on this topic.

"Adopt, a new outlook, on the way you see yourself,
'cause you are with you, more than anybody else.
Learn to like this being, living under your skin,
talk to your soul, do it time and time again.
Listen to your wishes, your wants, and your desires."
** verse taken from Toney Hall original composition "Turn It All Around"**

Leiven my friend do not get discouraged, you're doin' much better than most could. Practice makes closer to perfect.

Give everything but up.

and Lieven
I have nothing else new to say that these three wise guys have told you.

I never even got to read the song, but I do not think it should have got deleted, if it was rubbish I would have told you, but I would not expect you to go in a huff about it.
I have wrote and still write terrible songs. My wife hates me playing my songs.

I do not post a lot of songs in here as I tihnk most of mine are either  unsuitable or unfinished. Mostly theyare all unfinished, but if they were finished then I would put them here for opinions, and if 20 people told me it was not very good or they didnt understand it, I would not delete it.

C'mon, get it back and do not delete any more

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

I will make my comeback, I really don't know what happened to me. I felt so bad, but this might not cause or determine some "real impulsive stupid decisions". I know that it isn't a competion at all, but I was so disappointed, NOTHING TO DO WITH SONGS!!!!, but personal. I have a "sticky" leg, meaning that my in the mean time famous left leg, doesn't move a lot of times after sitting for a certain time in the same position. THERE is NOT 1 MUSCLE that moves, resulting in falling down.
It happened last week on Wednesday, being really "projected" over a small table, in front of my mother, the side of that table being really projected, well everything was still standing there like before, the other side, thick glass broken. It looked like a cartoon, or even Jackie Chan could not repeat this. This event was too much. I can't barely move, "pain was all around", but the worst thing are the consequences, still now ANXIETY, afraid to sit longer than 20 minutes. I know, I avoid social contacts and I am very scared. I try to put everything back on tracks and one one side I hate it to tell these things, on the other hand I need to tell this. YOU ALL ARE TRUE FRIENDS, and if it wasn't thanks to chordie, I don't know what I should do. It looks "INFANTILE" but it isn't really like that. I really hope to be able sooner or later to meet you in person, and I'm really looking forward. Writing about this, is a big relieve for me. I have also a purpose again, here, to go on. YOU are the cure, I mean it. I can't help it that I write this, you are my social life, and since I CAN'T accept my situation, I try to adapt. Let's just say, I'm living in the dark the last days, I will find back the light, and you are all so great. I need to let it go, and promess: I try to change some issuess.
You are all so great, I have a huge respect for all of you

THE GREAT COMEBACK OF THE BEEP SONG

The Beep Songguitardocphil

Intro

[E] tab big E string starting on 7th fret – 6th fret- 5th fretopen stringup to 3d fret (bending) [E]

It is [E] so beepeep [G] early, it’s only [E]six ‘o [G] clock [E] what the beep [G] made that beeping [E] noise

[D] it was my [C] beeping [Cmaj9] beeping [Am] mother[F] beeping clock to wake me up[E7]. [Am]

Ugly [E] bibeepich [G] piece of beep [E] who the [G] beep are [E] you laying in [G] in my [E] bebeep [E] bed

[D] did I drunk [C] too much [Cmaj9] are real [Am] a mother [F] beeping [F] creature of God [A7] [Am]

[A7][Am] [E7] [Am]

Refrain (slow + some finger picking)

When the Lord [Dm] gave us [Gm] noses [Dm] eyes and lips [Gm], [Dm] I could choose a [F]very nice [E7] face

I saw you too [Dm] still beeping [Gm] faceless [Dm] when it was [Gm] [Dm] your turn [F] nothing was [E7] left

And how you were [Dm] constructed [Gm] they [Dm] glued your nose [Gm] [Dm] just above [F] your [E7] beep

Yes you could [Dm] smell your [Gm] beep [Dm] beep beeping [Gm] [Dm] big fat hairy [F] never cleaned [E7] beep

repeating intro

The world [E] doesn’t care [G] about the [E] beeping [G] people here [E] she’s turning [G] around her beeping [E]axe

[D] some people [C] got it [Cmaj9] all [Am] speaking [F]of mother [F] beeping beepers [E7] [Am]

A lot [E] ofthese beep [G] holes aren’t [E] worth a [G] a nickel cent or dime [E] so put them [G] in your beeping [E] beep

[D] a place where [C] the sun [Cmaj9] don’t [Am] shine [F]happy not to be [F] like them singing beep beep[E7] [Am]love

Hi Lieven,

I have just switched on and seen that  "The Beep Song" has returned so I have played it quickly in case it does a disappearing act again lol and I enjoyed it. I will pay it again later and correct a few errors that I made the first time through. The lyrics are fine and the chord sequence is great and considering that English is your third language it is excellent work.

The only minor critisism I would make is that it would be easier to perform if the lines were shorter (i.e. make each line into two lines) as sometimes the wordwrap causes the  chord to be difficult to read.

Well done,

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Lieven,
   Now that's the guitaardoc we've all come to know and love. As artists, we all go through dry, stale, stagnant, unproductive, and frustrating periods. That's one of the main differences between art and science. In art succes isn't always clear cut and what may seem horrible to one person may seem brilliant to another. I like Roger's suggestion about shortening your verse lines. Sometimes less is better, a ballon can hold only so much air before it bursts..........Keep up the great work!

Sincerely,
SouthPaw41L

Give everything but up.

I dont mind the length of a line on the song, this would indicte to me ( whether right or wrong) that it will be sung quicker than if it were split into two lines.
Also it takes up less space lol

I kinda like the lyrocs here, not too sure about all of them at first read, but I like this Lieven, As you know I love silly lyrics, but these are not all silly, it is a great idea for a sing without actually swearing and making it known you are saying beep, and beeping instead of swearing.
Superb idea, the more I tihnk about it, the more I like it.
I might, but probably not, steal this idea, maybe even the whole song. But knowing me I will not find the time at the moment and then it will be gone. sad

ah well, keep up the song writing Lieven, the more you do the better ye get. it is just like biting yer finger nails, the more ye bite the better ye get, or something like that

yes, whisky is good! ( and it is a weekday with work tomorrow )

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

THIS IS INDEED REAL POSITIVE.
I had posted yesterday A SILLY SONG, BOOM BABY BOOM, and I deleted.
REASON: TO DO WHAT YOU SUGGEST.
I have to make my phrases shorter, and paying more attention on the structure of a song.
BABY will return!!!!!!! IMPROVED.
This was my big problem (was, is and will be).
I am CURSED with a NEVER RESTING BRAIN, this was responsible for my "Life at Med School, I started to study VERY late. The biggest problem is still present, doing 4 things together, I wrote some days 3 different songs at the same time and writing VERY LONG topics, mails..
I LIKE ATTENTION, (I'M NOT SELFISH) I WANT TO BE LOVED BY EVERYONE, resulting in problems. HOW TO STOP MY BRAIN???

Doc - I sent you a couple of emails - Check your Spam folder in case they ended up there.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!