Topic: has anyone heard of samick guitars

i have two questions. the first one is has anyone heard of samick guitars and are they any good. the second question is if a guitar with f holes sounds differnt than a regular one.
someone pleaz say there good.

Bobaflex kicks some!!!!!

Re: has anyone heard of samick guitars

I have a Samick number 4061171 made in Korea and designed by Valley Arts Guitar and I owned it for 20 years and have had no problems It has a maple neck,ebony fretboard.oak body and 3 pickups one being a humbucker.I did not like the Floyd Rose bridge so inserted a block of wood to make it fixed The instructions to do this are on Google

Samick Guitars by:

http://www.gregbennettguitars.com/

is the one you have sond good rotoiti?

Bobaflex kicks some!!!!!

ok i was lookin for opinions but nevermind.

Bobaflex kicks some!!!!!

wade mc wrote:

i have two questions. the first one is has anyone heard of samick guitars and are they any good. the second question is if a guitar with f holes sounds differnt than a regular one.
someone pleaz say there good.

I played one about seven years ago it was a good guitar. I haven't played any Samick guitar's lately. On a side note Samick Is the worlds largest guitar maker they private label for about everybody. Their located in Korea.

Bootlegger.

I own a Samick acoustic guitar, and the thing kinda sucks.  The problem is that the action is really high up their.  You can only really play the first 4-5 frets.  i got this guitar as a beginner guitar not realizing that a half inch action is not a good thing.  I only paid $80 for it, though.  I guess you get what you pay for.

Watch samick guitar's actions, they can get really high.

8 (edited by rotoiti 2008-02-10 07:16:34)

Yes my Samick sounds good.I put it through a Vox AD50 V T modelling amp which is a little complicated although when I find the right sound I can lock it in a channel and save it.I should have bought a Crate.The action on electric guitars are ok unless someone has over tightened the truss rod. Mine has got 2 allen screws on the bridge to raise and lower the action The amp is a Vox AD 50 VT Valvetronix and if anyone has advice on a clean setting for rhythm and a setting for blues let me know please

9 (edited by Matt-Strat-92308 2008-02-11 11:16:04)

rotoiti wrote:

I have a Samick number 4061171 made in Korea and designed by Valley Arts Guitar and I owned it for 20 years and have had no problems It has a maple neck,ebony fretboard.oak body and 3 pickups one being a humbucker.I did not like the Floyd Rose bridge so inserted a block of wood to make it fixed The instructions to do this are on Google

Samick, Seen them at the NAMM show a few times. And I have played a few as well. Not bad for a low end electric guitar.

"old Marshall and Fender gear"

I haven't verified it but have heard that Samick is a huge instrument making business in Korea. They make many other brands for Fender, Ibanez, Takamine, Dean, and others to their specifications. Samick then started making instruments with the Samick name.

Middleaged Redneck sorta guy who refuses to grow up...passion for music, especially Southern Rock but like bout everything cept Gangsta/Hip Hop. Collect guitars, mandolins, and love to ride Harleys.

I own a Samick acoustic and it just sings......cheap yes....but tone.....all my friends comment on it