Re: What kind of guitar do you have?

Gretsch elctromatic, Gibson SG with ebony fretboard, Jackson USA SL2H, Fender stratocaster Eric Johnson signature.

just to keep upyourkilt happy my song request is     i own a crafter and a yamaha also.

Guitarpix wrote:

Well I just added a '95 Simon and Patrick Pro Quilted Maple to the collection....I guess I should go tell the wife I bought it...  Well maybe not, there's no use in getting yelled at untill I have it here to console me...lol

Wow Pix, I just checked out your collection. Very nice. I also checked out your Guitarpix/Acoustic songbook and like that too. I'll learn a few tunes from that for when you visit. Offer's still good beers are on me.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

I have an american strat with noiseless pickups, a SG standard, a LP custom, a P-Bass and a inexpensive but totally awesome aerodyne strat. The cheapest guitar I like the best I think for two reasons 1 it's made out of basswood so it's lite as a feather and 2 nowadays it's not so much what you're playing as what you're playing through! Nowadays you can almost make any guitar sound like anything you want it to! But out of say a tube amp like a twin reverb, the les paul really sounds great and so does everything else. But the LP really shines! But most important is that you have to be comfortable with what you're playing no matter what the headstock says!

topdown wrote:
Guitarpix wrote:

Well I just added a '95 Simon and Patrick Pro Quilted Maple to the collection....I guess I should go tell the wife I bought it...  Well maybe not, there's no use in getting yelled at untill I have it here to console me...lol

Wow Pix, I just checked out your collection. Very nice. I also checked out your Guitarpix/Acoustic songbook and like that too. I'll learn a few tunes from that for when you visit. Offer's still good beers are on me.

Hey Topdown, Yea I've been thinking of making that trip. What days are good for you generally? I could leave here about 8 or 9 in the am and get there around lunch. Any day is good for me ( Being self employed has it's advantages when you want to take a day off...lol) Just give me about a weeks notice and I'll see what I can arrange. It'll be fun to meet and jam some. I may partake in 1 or 2 beer but generally I don't drink so you'll come out of it pretty cheap...lol

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Seagull S6  and a Fender Squire Telecaster

Learning to play the guitar is easy. Converting that knowlege to sound like music is hard!

In order of acquisition, my guitars are:

A 1958 Hofner President archtop (Battered)
Aria ProArte Herb Ellis model
Gibson ES 175 1984
Yahama flat top (A100 I think)
A Gibson L5 Custom 1980's model

In the eighties, I had an Ibenez 175 copy that I traded for the Aria and I won a £25.00 'Boston' special in a raffle!

I am considering selling the Aria so I can buy a Peerless Monarch.
I am almost 69 now, so you know that this bug, once it bites, is with you forever.

Happy Fretting folks
John

There is no such thing as a 'wrong note'. There are merely notes played in the wrong place.
I should know.. I get them out of order all the time!

83 (edited by Guitarpix 2008-01-11 04:58:37)

Ordered a Pre Gibson Garrison G20 the other day. It just came in this evening. Very pleased with it!! Wonderfull tone! New pics added smile   Peace!

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.

A silver american deluxe Stratocastor and a Takamine acoustic

"We don't like their sound.  Groups of guitars are on the way out."

Decca Records rejecting the beatles in 1962

haha I wonder how many times people have asked this... but It's always interesting.
I've got a cheap yamaha classical guitar I hope to update soon, and a fairly nice twenty year old Ibanez acoustic.

To reach out with your hands/ See the world through your eyes/ To live with the love of the savior/ To feel with your heart/ And think with your mind/I'd give my last breath for your glory!!!

A wine flame top Fender Strat, Gibson J45 acoustic, Guild acoustic, black Fender Jazz bass, building me a SRV strat.

Taylor 810ce
Alvarez PD80SC (that I'm tring to sell),
Strat Squire (that I took when my son bought my Fat Strat)

Yee Haw

Ibaneze AEL20E ,Breedlove AC25CM, Peavy predetor elec. Carlo Robelly 12 string.

I have an Art and Lutherie acoustic given to me by Gordon Giltrap, my first guitar was a Brunswick electro acoustic which although a budget guitar, plays really nice, I have a Lag spring series acoustic also. I have got a Lag Jet electric, a couple of chinese made strat copies and a Les Paul gold top copy.Only been playing just over a year so not quite ready to really splash out, but the wife is threatening divorce if I bring any more home! Anyone else got the same problem?

Vintage 12 string, Brunswick Acoustic, (Gordon Giltrap owned) Art and Lutherie, Lag J100,Vintage SG, Paul McCartney bass copy.

edtheduck wrote:

I have an Art and Lutherie acoustic given to me by Gordon Giltrap, my first guitar was a Brunswick electro acoustic which although a budget guitar, plays really nice, I have a Lag spring series acoustic also. I have got a Lag Jet electric, a couple of chinese made strat copies and a Les Paul gold top copy.Only been playing just over a year so not quite ready to really splash out, but the wife is threatening divorce if I bring any more home! Anyone else got the same problem?

Yep, I have the same problem! I hope she doesn't ever give the old ultimatum "the guitars or me". She may just get her feelings hurt...lol She fusses enough already saying I rub my guitars more than I rub her. It's true though, When I get one out and before I put her away I always give them a tender stroke...lol Drives the wife mad!

pix have you tried the knockoff strat from standard the s101 i played one in the music store and i was impressed enough to buy it on the spot the pro's there set the intonation and made all the adjustments and i have used it on all my recordings ever since

"Growing old is not for sissies"

92 (edited by Guitarpix 2008-02-01 18:07:18)

Russell_Harding wrote:

pix have you tried the knockoff strat from standard the s101 i played one in the music store and i was impressed enough to buy it on the spot the pro's there set the intonation and made all the adjustments and i have used it on all my recordings ever since

Hey Russell, No I haven't had the pleasure. I did order a Indiana strat copy the other day. Just as something to play with. Indianaguitarman.com had a few finish blems on blowout for $60 so I picked one up. I plan to wear/vintage the finish anyway and change out the pickups. It has a solid body and should perform well with some mods. I'll keep my eyes open for an s101 to try though. Usually I don't dable too much in electric but it's always good to have one (or three) if the need arises smile Peace!

Update:  I now have a HEAVILY modified Gretsch 5120, a Gretsch 5129, and a cheap Ibanez Strat.

"There's such a fine line between genius and stupidity."
                              --David St. Hubbins

Guitarpix wrote:

Indianaguitarman.com had a few finish blems on blowout for $60 so I picked one up.

$60 is about £30. Shame the P&P would be a lot.

I have:

An Unbranded LP copy (made of mahogany) which I had for my 18th birthday (cost about £70),
A Cort Acoustic (bottom of the range, cost about £120, also for my 18th),
A now non-functioning Encore strat-shape single-humbucker which I had for my 5th birthday,
And I've almost finished building a Strat Copy from a kit I got off eBay. Alder body, Maple neck, not bad for £40. big_smile

I'm thinking of replacing the pickups on the LP and Strat with Wilkinson Alnico pickups, anyone know if they're any good?

Hi all ,
     Gee , sometimes I wish I only had one or two . ( so does my wife ). Here goes ...
'47 Gib L-50 , '54 Silvertone H-62 ( harmony made ), early 50s Kay jumbo flat top in blonde , 30s ? Kay violin guitar #4 with scroll head ,
'99 Guild F-65CE vint. burst ,
'97 Guild F-30 , '65 Guild f-30
and oh yea the one I play the
most is a Korean made copy of a Gib ES-330 that was the first guitar I ever bought new
about 24 yrs ago . Too many fiddles to list , but the ones I play most are an '84 Bob Wenzel ( Warroad Mn. ) violin
and a Romanian 15" viola .
I try to pull each one out and play once a month or so , but I love each and every one dearly .

" Just reading the lyrics , it's hard to hear the song , but if the words tug at the heartstrings......it's enough for now........... "

Me again
       Forgot to ask Badeye , tell us more about that fiddle .
Do you use electronics on it ? I use a bridge p.u. with a clamp on jack that I can switchover from violin to viola in about 5 min. Gives a real nice mellow tone and I use it with a stand alone preamp that I can tweak on to my heart's content............with a little reverb and just a touch of chorus
you'd swear that fiddle was cryin........

" Just reading the lyrics , it's hard to hear the song , but if the words tug at the heartstrings......it's enough for now........... "

I have a washburn PS98 Paul Stanley special edition.

G S E wrote:

Me again
       Forgot to ask Badeye , tell us more about that fiddle .
Do you use electronics on it ? I use a bridge p.u. with a clamp on jack that I can switchover from violin to viola in about 5 min. Gives a real nice mellow tone and I use it with a stand alone preamp that I can tweak on to my heart's content............with a little reverb and just a touch of chorus
you'd swear that fiddle was cryin........

Hello GSE, I'm afraid the fiddle has a little dust on it. It hasent been played in four years when I had the bridge replaced and restrung.The repair man offered me 3500.00
dollars for it but would never sell it. It was oringally owened
by my great grandfather passed down through the years and I was lucky enough to get it. Maybee I should put it back is service as it would be a great addition to our kitchen jams. The repair man at the time said it was about 104 years old so it was made around the turn of the century. I hope to pass it down as well some day.Enough ramblin,keep
on fiddlin.

take care...Badeye.

one caper after another

I have 2 acoustics 1 yamaha 2 BC rich the yamaha i play most And sounds better than the higher priced BC Rich

I have one of the first two Ovation Electric Legends sold in Canada. My 'then' partner owns the other one.

They were bought about 33 years ago, and still play and sound great.

Before that I had an Ovation Balladeer, a Fender Telecaster, a Strat.

I wouldn't trade my Ovation for anything.

GP